• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeep Grand Cherokee

IMG_3994-M.jpg

Life is too short for boring vehicles.

Lolol im not a peasant bro, i dont work out of an office. I travel and work from home. Let me know what the tuesday morning commutes like though.

So then you've got a beautiful jeep rotting in airport parking or in the parking lot of your shitty apartment. That might be even dumber than driving it in stop and go traffic.

So then you've got a beautiful jeep rotting in airport parking or in the parking lot of your shitty apartment. That might be even dumber than driving it in stop and go traffic.

Test drove the Grand Cherokee. Two Limited models with leather, one 4WD and one 2WD. Nice handling\steering, electronics\nav were simple, transmission was really smooth, front seats were comfortable. V6 was more than adequate.

Negatives: Both the 4WD and 2WD were equally rough on the road...I felt every dent and crack in the pavement. It's a lightweight vehicle or the suspension is badly engineered or both...I dunno. Rear seat legroom is nonexistent and front seat door pillars and ceiling are too low, and I'm only 5'9. Interior felt cramped. Cargo area seemed small. Lots of plastic...dash looked cheap and brittle. But the rough, jittery ride, on both the interstate and local streets stunned me. As I said it was bad in both the 2WD and the 4WD. Could not tell the difference. My 4WD Tacoma rides way better. That's not a compliment. (I prefer 4WDs because I actually to go off the pavement to look at property for my job, and Florida has a lot of sugar sand...often old orange grove land where it's easy to stick a 2WD. I engage my 4WD to get through the sand probably 2 or 3 times a month).

The GC is not my next vehicle. Any suggestions?

Never had one but I don't really like the ride. Also, no third row seating, so not so great if you have kids.

Test drove the Grand Cherokee. Two Limited models with leather, one 4WD and one 2WD. Nice handling\steering, electronics\nav were simple, transmission was really smooth, front seats were comfortable. V6 was more than adequate.

Negatives: Both the 4WD and 2WD were equally rough on the road...I felt every dent and crack in the pavement. It's a lightweight vehicle or the suspension is badly engineered or both...I dunno. Rear seat legroom is nonexistent and front seat door pillars and ceiling are too low, and I'm only 5'9. Interior felt cramped. Cargo area seemed small. Lots of plastic...dash looked cheap and brittle. But the rough, jittery ride, on both the interstate and local streets stunned me. As I said it was bad in both the 2WD and the 4WD. Could not tell the difference. My 4WD Tacoma rides way better. That's not a compliment. (I prefer 4WDs because I actually to go off the pavement to look at property for my job, and Florida has a lot of sugar sand...often old orange grove land where it's easy to stick a 2WD. I engage my 4WD to get through the sand probably 2 or 3 times a month).

The GC is not my next vehicle. Any suggestions?

Yes. Pay attention to my advice in Post #2.

Yes. Pay attention to my advice in Post #2.

Point taken about the ride but you didn't address my other concerns about the vehicle or suggest any alternatives, etc. One other poster did suggest alternatives. Your post was not really helpful. Guess I'll drive the Tacoma for another year, which is fine.

We got a Honda Pilot and love it. It has seating for 8 and is respectable for light off-road.

We also test drove an Explorer and hated how truck-like it was compared to other crossovers.

It's on the Accord platform; it's a crossover.

the Explorer, not the Pilot

Ford has the Explorer listed as an SUV :noidea:

the Edge would be the crossover but probably a little small for you. But yeah, the Ford's definitely handle like a truck, especially compared to the Pilot.

I have an '07 and even that rides more like a crossover and they were still SUV-ish at that point.

the Explorer, not the Pilot

Ford has the Explorer listed as an SUV :noidea:

the Edge would be the crossover but probably a little small for you. But yeah, the Ford's definitely handle like a truck, especially compared to the Pilot.

I have an '07 and even that rides more like a crossover and they were still SUV-ish at that point.

My mistake. I'd call the Explorer an SUV, but it's getting hard to distinguish SUVs and crossovers these days. Most modern SUVs are tall, FWD wagons.

Even if you are not going to use it much, the lack of a third row seat hurts resale I would imagine. That and the general shittiness of Jeeps. I've owned two Grand Cherokees. Switched to Toyotas and will never go back.

Back