• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Jeeps: My first post-college vehicle was a basic Wrangler - most reliable car imaginable, loved it. Drove it until maybe 150k miles with no problems. Then bought my dad's Grand Cherokee - good for me but I sold it at 125k to my partner for his daughter. Then it was a disaster to prove the rumor that Grand Cherokees used to be great up until 125k. Wife currently driving a 2015 Wrangler Willys - no complaints and it is badass. Daughter has a 2006 Liberty - seems fine for a kid's vehicle. My first new car was a 2002 Dodge Durango - it has been excellent, still have it as fishing/towing/utility/foul weather vehicle. Love it.

Seems the more luxurious the Jeeps get, the less reliable they are, at least in my experience. Overall, we have had good experiences with Jeeps, though.

I drive a jeep wrangler and it is a great car. Buy a jeep, dont be some boring old donk white lawyer/accountant/IT nerd in a boring reliable donk ass owg car.

It's probably pretty hard to put a body kit and drift in a jeep but I assume you make it work.

Reactions: BDL
Hey look at that old white loser making it to work every morning in his car that's not in the shop !

Ah a wrangler, the envy of high school parking lots everywhere. That must be a badass car to drive in your stop and go commute.

Ah a wrangler, the envy of high school parking lots everywhere. That must be a badass car to drive in your stop and go commute.

They're real popular as a third car here in the CLT. If you don't have a long commute it's not unreasonable as a primary car for a dad who doesn't drive carpool.

Sounds good, in that case I'll consider it for my third car 20 years from now

I drive a jeep wrangler and it is a great car. Buy a jeep, dont be some boring old donk white lawyer/accountant/IT nerd in a boring reliable donk ass owg car.

I have a 1998 TJ Wrangler as weekender, still in good shape with 31" BF Goodrich's on it and I love it. Shifting in traffic gets old during the week, though.

i think the Wranglers were not immune but insulated from a lot of the issues the Cherokees had

A Wrangler is the same as a Suzuki Samurai?

Modern Wranglers are way too expensive for high school kids. It would need to be 10-12 (or more) years old to be available to a high schooler. Crazy resale value and initial cost.

Modern Wranglers are way too expensive for high school kids. It would need to be 10-12 (or more) years old to be available to a high schooler. Crazy resale value and initial cost.

I have a friend who was going to buy a used Wrangler for his high school kids. He wound up buying a new one because there was almost no price difference.

I have a friend who was going to buy a used Wrangler for his high school kids. He wound up buying a new one because there was almost no price difference.

It's become this decades more socially acceptable H2 for the burbs. I see a lot of people driving the four door Wranglers and will never take it off the road.

I bought a 2015 Grand Cherokee a few weeks ago and love it so far. I had one in the early 2000's and it treated me well. Went with the Overland trim to get some extra bells and whistles, and needed tow package, etc. I have 2 kids and fits them well.

I bought a 2015 Grand Cherokee a few weeks ago and love it so far. I had one in the early 2000's and it treated me well. Went with the Overland trim to get some extra bells and whistles, and needed tow package, etc. I have 2 kids and fits them well.

See now this...this is the guy. This guy. This guy with the response and the typing and the thoughts and the whistles. This guy...yes....thank you. Wonderful! Fantastic.

739.jpg

if you ask the question enough times, you're bound to hear what you want to hear

I drive a 6 sp coupe as my daily driver. Old and new Wranglers are both manual transmission, as well. (My Durango is an automatic). I prefer our manual transmission vehicles for the fun of driving but that is also what I first learned to drive back in the day. Phones are hands free so it isn't really an issue, as far as I am concerned.

High school boys do flirt with my wife until they realize she is old enough to be their mom, so that's funny.

Lolol im not a peasant bro, i dont work out of an office. I travel and work from home. Let me know what the tuesday morning commutes like though.

I drive a 6 sp coupe as my daily driver. Old and new Wranglers are both manual transmission, as well. (My Durango is an automatic). I prefer our manual transmission vehicles for the fun of driving but that is also what I first learned to drive back in the day. Phones are hands free so it isn't really an issue, as far as I am concerned.

High school boys do flirt with my wife until they realize she is old enough to be their mom, so that's funny.

This guy gets it

Back