• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted], Please resign.

So you believe that Bz should be fired, but you're willing to give Wellman a pass? What would you have had Bz do when offered the job? Say, "No thanks, I don't want an ACC head coaching job" and pass on the opportunity? C'mon shouldn't you be getting behind a WellmanOut movement?

I think Wellman should man up and admit his horrendous mistake. I recognize the good that he has done for Wake Athletics up until the last 3 year or so, when nearly every single program has taken a nose dive.

I would like for him to hold himself personally accountable for missing on a "gut" hire. Would speak a lot about his character as a man if he did so, IMO.

We go into next season and he continues to watch the flagship of the AD burn and sink? I'll get a lot more harsh towards Mr. Wellman, I assure you.

Has the Joel ever been this full of UNC fans? Truly, this is a new low.

Has the Joel ever been this full of UNC fans? Truly, this is a new low.

The only difference between this and the vast majority of games @ the Joel in the past two years is that there's a fan-base that will buy the unused tickets tonight.

I was actually going to try to refute your post but if you had told me 2 years ago that there would ever be a time when an opposing team's would occupy more seats in the Joel than our own; I would have thought that you were off your rocker.

For those who have been attending games longer than I have; is there much to compare this to? For those actually there; is 50-60% baby blue an accurate estimate or is it just Bilas being Bilas?

I left early and it was about 55% UNC. Maybe a conservative estimate.

Looks like more than that on TV.

Count the Wake Fans. I see 14 if you count the guy in the brown blazer as one of us.

102wkt1.jpg

Last edited:
Travis is getting fouled. Ref's don't care. Nobody cares. It's carolina, SO AMAZING.

I'll be honest, as a non-NC person, I've never hated UNC. Bilas is helping me. I want to kick him in the nuts.

Not BzzIn by any stretch of the imagination, but there is no talent on this team. None.

Yep. Roy told them to leave open everyone but CJ and Chase for outside shots. Just leave them open. It's a good strategy.

The only difference between this and the vast majority of games @ the Joel in the past two years is that there's a fan-base that will buy the unused tickets tonight.

I was actually going to try to refute your post but if you had told me 2 years ago that there would ever be a time when an opposing team's would occupy more seats in the Joel than our own; I would have thought that you were off your rocker.

For those who have been attending games longer than I have; is there much to compare this to? For those actually there; is 50-60% baby blue an accurate estimate or is it just Bilas being Bilas?

When we played our home games in Greensboro, there would be a pretty heavy representation from the Triangle schools. I don't think it was like tonight though, where honestly, if you were to look at the goal on the other side from the band, you'd think it was an unenthuasiastic UNC home game.

Not BzzIn by any stretch of the imagination, but there is no talent on this team. None.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with the fact that we're out-matched tonight, but I truly believe that a good coach (and a guy that we're paying over $1,000,000/year) should:

#1- be able to stay competitive in our own conference by piecing together a system w/ (very talented, IMO) guys like Travis and C.J & finding a way to utilize the skill-sets that guys like Chase and Ty bring to the table.

#2- be able to keep our fan-base supportive (of the guys that you're claiming have no talent) & energized about the program.

I'll take #2 w/o #1 long before I'll take #1 w/o #2.

Look at pinochadeac's picture... Just look at it. (And then, Mods, make it disappear, IP-glitch style).

Looks like more than that on TV.

Count the Wake Fans. I see 14 if you count the guy in the brown blazer as one of us.

Behind both baskets (outside the student section) was mainly UNC fans. Along the sidelines had a majority of Wake fans. Upper section was a slight advantage to UNC with a good number of fans not wearing colors that distinguished them as part of either fan base.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree with the fact that we're out-matched tonight, but I truly believe that a good coach (and a guy that we're paying over $1,000,000/year) should:

#1- be able to stay competitive in our own conference by piecing together a system w/ (very talented, IMO) guys like Travis and C.J & finding a way to utilize the skill-sets that guys like Chase and Ty bring to the table.

#2- be able to keep our fan-base supportive (of the guys that you're claiming have no talent) & energized about the program.

I'll take #2 w/o #1 long before I'll take #1 w/o #2.

Look at pinochadeac's picture... Just look at it. (And then, Mods, make it disappear, IP-glitch style).

#2 is just not realistic. These days, hardly anyone will choose to go watch shitty basketball. There are too many other things to do.

Wake fans are getting raked over the coals on Twitter for letting unc fans dominate the building, by analysts, alums, and recruits alike. Course no one wants to take to task the coach, ad, and president that got us to that point.

Back