• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted] Show: No more live questions/CJ and Cav On Now

To what extent to boosters pay not to lose? If that's their motivation, they've been doing a poor job. And somebody had to get behind Ron enough to give Bz a 3rd year. I've always been suspicious that the rich boosters do this to get their asses kissed and for the access. If they were really in it for the winning, they wouldn't do it. We don't win that much.

They might trust Wellman enough not to be as trigger happy as some of the fringe "FIRE HIM 6 GAMES INTO THE SEASON" posters on here, but I guarantee that they are fed up with the current situation.

My three questions were:

What does "winning without sacrificing our values" mean because isn't the consistent failure to meet performance goals an indication of sacrificing our values (winning/success/etc)?

We were informed through interviews and the last coach show that some recently recruited players by a past coach were not WF-type people and bad seeds. If that is so, why were multiple members of the staff, especially those that were key recruiters, retained at Wake?

What is the administration's assessment of the season thus far and what is the administration's expectations for the remaining games?

It's a shame what happened to Chrispy. Three years ago, he was a great poster.

I don't think that Wake fans that want Jeff [Redacted] fired are the lunatic fringe, but I also think it's not as prominent as most people think. Like I said recently, it's hard to get away from the situation and look at it when we are so deeply entrenched emotionally.

Someone needs to send a question about the revenue being pulled in by the Athletic department now. Our coaches are highly paid, higher than they would be almost anywhere else. We have almost nobody buying tickets to basketballl games, and even BB&T was looking empty this year. It has to be financial suicide to continue doing things the way we're doing.

Its kinda fucked up, but sometimes I have visions of some pushed-over-the-edge Wake fan interviewing Ron like this lol

Last edited:
As I said over there, the fact that it took year 3 before anyone even bothered to call in to ask a tough question is evidence of just how much our fanbase lacks a lunatic fringe. Calling to complain after 3 straight years ranked below 200 is hardly the same as an UNC fan who calls and rants because UNC loses a game to a top 30 team in a year when they are likely to play for the Final 4.

I don't think that Wake fans that want Jeff [Redacted] fired are the lunatic fringe, but I also think it's not as prominent as most people think. Like I said recently, it's hard to get away from the situation and look at it when we are so deeply entrenched emotionally.

I think you're way off base. I don't know anyone, disinterested alum to freakin' Deacon alum, casual townie to diehard fan, who doesn't think Bzz has overstayed his welcome in W-S. Even the local "Wake is my 2nd favorite school" types are very much Bzzout these days.

It's a shame what happened to Chrispy. Three years ago, he was a great poster.

DV7 and I exchanged some interesting PMs with Chrispy during the great boards split. Long story short, he's a control freak that doesn't believe in democracy or information-sharing. That was my interpretation, at least. So I'm not surprised at all he's trying to paint those willing to speak their minds as "lunatics." I hope he works in PR for a cigarette company or something.

One of you internet graphics wizards needs to incorporate a hammer and sickle in with the gold WF. Someone get this done.

I think getting a "Fire Buzz" chant going on national TV on Feb. 9th would be better than the billboard.

I'm guessing based on your post that he does not think much of Coach [Redacted]?

He wants his job.

Are we at least approaching Rock Bottom, dv?

We are closer today than we were yesterday. So yes, we are at least approaching rock bottom.

I've said it time and time again. Rock bottom is the contract extension at the end of the year. Ron has doubled down.

That just means that [Redacted] would have more time to sink us to lower and lower depths. So by definition, it couldn't be rock bottom.

yep. it doesn't matter what dv7 says, rock bottom is if bzz gets a contract extension.

No.

It isn't.

There was censorship on DS with the Athletic Department in mind. Not sure if the order came from the Athletic Department.

They cared enough about DS to find out who the fuck "deacvision7" was, and they hired a moderator from there to be in their Department. You think these are all just coincidences?

I would like to know since I was targeted

Badge of honor, good sir. A badge of honor.

That guy Chrispy on the other board is out of his fucking mind. He's calling the people that called into the show the "lunatic fringe". What he considers the "lunatic fringe" are the majority of Wake fans. Delusional apologists like him are the real "lunatic fringe".

No comment.

Back