• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeffrey is retiring

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
dang, I've always thought he was great. especially compared to other places I've been. worst PA I ever heard was for Miami at the old Orange Bowl.

Gonna miss Jeffrey! But the real question is if any of you goobers are going to email the addresses at the top of the story about becoming the new PA person.

Love Stan. Does Wes Durham have a team gig?

radio voice of the Atlanta Falcons since 2004. Former voice of Georgia Tech but dropped Tech to focus more on Falcons and on regional ACC broadcasts

A great person, and a darn good PA announcer. With his leaving and keepers upcoming retirement, the basketball scorers table will never be the same.

Wonder if Messier might be leaving the shot clock some time soon?

I don't much about media but I would think that there would be some very strong talent that would apply for Stan's position. Play-by-play in the ACC is probably a dream job for many.

Which brings up another question? Who does the hiring? Learfield exclusively on behalf of WFU or does Wake and/or Currie have any input in the matter? Or does Learfield say "here ya go. Here's your new play-by-play guy"?
I know that entire dynamic has changed dramatically since Stan was hired.

Lepler gotta be next in line for Stan if he would take it

Getting Lepler would be great. However, he may be doing better as a broadcaster than he would as Wake announcer.

This sort of transition has happened before. Wake survived.

well that's a bit easier

Anish Shroff (sp?) seems to have kept with his ESPN gigs while doing the Panthers

That's one game a week on Sundays. It's a little tougher keep ESPN gigs with a college play-by-play job.

Back