• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeffrey is retiring

Jeffrey announced his last game in the Joel this evening, the women’s hoops loss to Florida in the WNIT.

All the best in the next phase in his life. He'll be missed in the Joel.

Keeper seems like a cool guy in real life but man his on line persona was...the opposite.

They're offering open tryouts for the PA role.

Somebody who posts on here and is local has to go try out.

They're offering open tryouts for the PA role.

Somebody who posts on here and is local has to go try out.
DR? It’s not a long drive from Greensboro and would give him more face time with the AD. It would also probably give him about a 200% raise from his current ambulance chasing, especially since he won’t have to pay for tv ads or the all 9’s phone number. He could then increase his donation 10x.

DR? It’s not a long drive from Greensboro and would give him more face time with the AD. It would also probably give him about a 200% raise from his current ambulance chasing, especially since he won’t have to pay for tv ads or the all 9’s phone number. He could then increase his donation 10x.

Or just give to a lot more schools.

Wake hired three guys who replace Jeffrey.

Meet the new voices of home Demon Deacons events:
  • Football:
    • Brian Rushing
      • Brian Rushing has over 15 years experience and has served as a public address announcer at the collegiate and professional level. His stops most recently include Longwood University, USC Upstate and Winthrop.
  • Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball and Volleyball:
    • Joe Cristy
      • Joe Cristy joins the Wake Forest community in this role with 17 years of experience as he has served as the PA announcer for eight sports at High Point University. Additionally, he voiced the 2019 NCAA Men's Soccer College Cup, which the Demon Deacons competed in, and he has most recently worked the 2022 ACC Men's & Women's Soccer Championships and the 2023 New York Life ACC Men's Basketball Tournament.
  • Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer and Field Hockey:
    • Tom Purvis
      • Tom Purvis has multiple years of experience at the University of Idaho as he previously served as the Vandals' PA Address announcer for Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball and Volleyball.

I have met Joe Cristy. Super nice person and a huge Wake fan. I don't know the other two but they all have big shoes to fill.

keeper is the same person no matter where he is. love him or hate him.

like me, we will say the same shit right to your face, or online, or to the AD.

Pretty diverse group there.

There’s a whole discussion about who gets what vocal work (PA announcers, MCs, Siri/GPS, voiceover work, etc). Seems like some positions tend to be held by some groups vs. others.

Interesting that they went with three different people. Makes sense logistically but it takes what I assume was a part-time job (or maybe full time with other responsibilities I don’t remember) and turns it into three gigs or at best part time jobs. Surprised they got three people in a national search.

Back