• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeffrey is retiring

Not to air his laundry but I have no idea what a go like Stan’s pays? Wake is all he does right?

A great person, and a darn good PA announcer. With his leaving and keepers upcoming retirement, the basketball scorers table will never be the same.
I'm usually just barely getting to my seat by kickoff, so often I'm walking across the lots to the stadium when the team comes out of the gate. I always got a little buzz of anticipation hearing "and now, your Wwwwwake Forest DEMON DEACONS!" booming across the grounds.
Players come and go and it's often hard to remember names and/or years played, but a good PA guy with a distinctive call like Jeffrey's is easily recalled.

End of an era. Between my Eagles/Phillies and Wake Forest fandom, announcing has been of of the best aspects of my sports experience-both PA and radio/TV.

End of an era. Between my Eagles/Phillies and Wake Forest fandom, announcing has been of of the best aspects of my sports experience-both PA and radio/TV.

I’m sorry but I’ve got to call out this “woe is my fanbase” nonsense from a guy whose team won the Super Bowl a few years ago and is in the Super Bowl now and a baseball team who has a World Series in his lifetime (two if you’re older).

Going to miss Jeffrey. He is very talented and I will always associate Wake athletics with his unique voice. I wish I could do that. I wonder if they already had try-outs for the position?

Going to miss Jeffrey. He is very talented and I will always associate Wake athletics with his unique voice. I wish I could do that. I wonder if they already had try-outs for the position?

Too late. I've already filled the spot!

giphy.gif

There are email addresses at the top of the article for those interested in applying.

Last edited:
Was at a Forsyth Country Day basketball game last week and got to hear Jeffrey do their game. Gonna miss his voice.

We've been very fortunate to have our last two great PA announcers. Forgive me as I do not recall his name, but Jeffrey's predecessor was great until he was abruptly taken from us. Fuck cancer btw.

Jeffrey's has been with us through the greatest 20 year span of WFU Football. Think of how many iconic calls he's made over the years. I also hear he has quite the singing voice. He will be missed, but I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Quen Taylor was our previous PA guy for football and basketball.
I knew Quen. Passed away entirely too young. He had a side DJ business and did my nephew's wedding. Good man.

Does anyone know if this is Stan's last season? He's really not that old but I certainly get that he might want to move onto something else.

Last edited:
Not to air his laundry but I have no idea what a go like Stan’s pays? Wake is all he does right?
I've always wondered this as well. I got to do my son's high school baseball PA announcing last season and it was super fun and it defintely made me respect the folks who do that job on a higher level.

Traveling.... just saw that Jeff Charles, "Voice of the Pirates", has passed at a very young 71 years. He was an EXCELLENT voice on the radio.

May he RIP.

Back