• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeopardy Fans Angry at Chu

MACdeac

Reaction score
Last edited:
Just an example.. He searched out and found a daily double, again, and immediately bet 5$ and said "I don't know." hilarious.

I don't understand the part about "hopping around the board to find the daily double." How does switching categories help you find the daily double?

really surprised it took this long for someone to try a different strategy

I don't understand the part about "hopping around the board to find the daily double." How does switching categories help you find the daily double?

Mainly it's looking in the 1000$ questions (and 2000) first. So that being said, you go from category to category always choosing the highest value on the board. The DD has a higher probability of being in the higher #s

That's what the computer did. Jumped all over the board.

Ah ok. I thought the placement of the daily double was completely random.

Mainly it's looking in the 1000$ questions (and 2000) first. So that being said, you go from category to category always choosing the highest value on the board. The DD has a higher probability of being in the higher #s

I imagine his strategy of eating up the daily doubles only works well if he already has a considerable lead on his competitors, right?

I feel like most people lately have been starting at the mid-level questions to find the Daily Doubles early on. Pretty sure Ken Jennings did something similar, but maybe not quite as random. The $5 bet was pretty funny, though.

really surprised it took this long for someone to try a different strategy

Nerds on the show always abided by those stupid unwritten rules. Glad someone is finally shaking it up and pissing them off.

I imagine his strategy of eating up the daily doubles only works well if he already has a considerable lead on his competitors, right?
Well I guess it depends on the average dollars won on the daily double. If on average it's a significant positive dollar amount, then it makes sense for him to eat them up. And it probably is a decently large amount on average because people will wager high $$ if they're confident in the topic.

It also makes sense to do that if you're the best player, to prevent a weaker player from beating you with one lucky answer on the daily double.

I feel like most people lately have been starting at the mid-level questions to find the Daily Doubles early on. Pretty sure Ken Jennings did something similar, but maybe not quite as random. The $5 bet was pretty funny, though.

It was a sport category.. He had said earlier he knew nothing about sports, it was a simple question, but he kept saying I don't know before trebek read it.. Alex was pissed off.

this guy was a bigger douche

8888502_600x338.jpg

This is crazy. Lots of people go Daily Double hunting.

Reactions: DG3
Alec Trebex used to be my landlord and he told me that all the Jeopardy contestants are paid actors. None of it is real. It's as scripted as the WWF. And as a matter of fact, Mr. Trebex used to work for Vince McMahon's father back in the 60's when wrestling was the national pastime. He was known as Cournelius "Coyote-man" Califak and he was a 3-time tag team champion. Anyway, it was soon after that when he realized that wrestling was a sucker's game and the real bucks were in game shows, but he didn't just suddenly forget everything he learned from the McMahons. He knew that entertainment can never be a hostage to truth. He spends just as much time writing the scripts, writing the contestant anecdotes, picking out their wardrobes and wigs, as he does coming up with all the questions. So, if you think this Chu guy just showed up out of nowhere and started drumming up controversy, then I got a bridge to sell ya.

Move along, nothing to see here. I can't believe this is "news".

Back