• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeter to retire after 2014 season

i'm glad you started a thread for this.

images

My favorite Jeter moment was game 4, 2000 WS. The Mets won game 3 to break the Yanks WS win streak. The Shea stadium crowd was stoked. Jeter hits a leadoff HR to say "We're the Yankees, your the Mets, It's over" and he was right.

as impressive as his accomplishments on the field have been, his triumphs off it are even more so. the dude's run through a catalog wilt might even be jealous of.

when you're a single dude, it's lauded. imagine a chick with the equivalent.

While I respect what Jeter has been as a player, is anyone else dreading the constant media lovefest for the entire season for this "farewell tour"?

And done it while avoiding any huge scandals

Bullshit. Jetes stole Lyla from Riggins while Riggins was IN JAIL FOR SOMETHING HE DIDNT DO and then Jetes just dumped her like a piece of garbage once he got 3000 hits. Always thought that was a bush league move. Anyway, pumped to see lots of camera shots of Gerald Williams sitting in luxury boxes with Papa Jetes this year.

it's going to be awful. fortunately, i generally only watch the local broadcasts for baseball and avoid most sports media.

While I respect what Jeter has been as a player, is anyone else dreading the constant media lovefest for the entire season for this "farewell tour"?

Yes. He is one of the most overrated athletes of my lifetime, yet will be a surefire hall of famer.

Yes. And I respect the hell out of the guy and might even kinda like him, though I really don't like NYY.

I hope Cashman got a flurry of emoticon filled texts from ARod about how he's gonna be ready to play short in 2015.

Back