• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeter to retire after 2014 season

Derek was fun to watch but can we all agree that the time he "dove" into the stands wasn't all that and a bag of chips?

All-time top 5 plays by Jeter (in alphabetical order):

Jessica Alba
Jessica Biel
Jordana Brewster
Adriana Lima
Minka Kelly

All-time top 5 plays by Jeter (in alphabetical order):

Jessica Alba
Jessica Biel
Jordana Brewster
Adriana Lima
Minka Kelly

Good lord, and you know there's all that unknown tail he got on all those trips and nights in NYC alone.

Wasn't Jeter with Mariah Carey in her prime?

Top 5 of all time? Bonds??? I'll have some of what you're smoking.

Before he started roiding, he was already Top 5. He was already only the second player ever to have 400 HRs/400 SBs and was a lock to be the only 500/500.

i have a jetes autographed ball when he was on MY greensboro hornets, my most prized possession when i was 10.

derek-jeter-300x165.jpg

he signed my brother's cast at the baskin robbins in tampa in like 1999 right after they won the ws. he was pumped.

idk about mays and greenies, but aaron using them is pretty common knowledge. what's the difference between using the now illegal drug that wasnt when the player took it? both get a 50 game ban now. both were illegal in the us, and not in baseball when the players took them.

and i'm not sure why rush limbaugh or the creators of tom sawyer's epic drug use has to do with GOAT discussions.

idk about mays and greenies, but aaron using them is pretty common knowledge. what's the difference between using the now illegal drug that wasnt when the player took it? both get a 50 game ban now. both were illegal in the us, and not in baseball when the players took them.

Amphetamines became a schedule II drug in 1971. Baseball banned their use without a doctor's prescription the same year. The use of steroids without a prescription became illegal in 1990. Both amphetamines and steroids are still legal in the US.

Oh yeah, Bonds used amphetamines, too.

Last edited:
so they were using a banned substance by both baseball and us law. much worse than roids then.

Back