• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jimmy Carter believes the NSA is spying on him

I bet Jimmy Carter loves the idea that he is still that relevant.

He served our country as president. Yes. He is relevant.

No. He's not. He's just a bitter old man looking for attention. He should be like W and just accept the fact that he isn't going to be regarded as a great president and move on with his life.

His work with the Carter Center and Habitat for Humanity isn't moving on with his life?

Sure. But his constant attempts to make himself the center of attention during events or national debates aren't.

No. He's not. He's just a bitter old man looking for attention. He should be like W and just accept the fact that he isn't going to be regarded as a great president and move on with his life.

Same thing applies to Cheney, Rumsfeld, McCain, and Romney.

None of them have any future in politics, but never pass up a chance to spin their deeply flawed legacies.

The difference is Carter never lied to send US heroes to die and then continued lying about it. If I believed that hell existed, then there would be special places there for Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Feith and W.

None of them have any future in politics, but never pass up a chance to spin their deeply flawed legacies.

So you agree with me. Or are you trying to argue that Donald Rumsfeld is relevant?

What was the purpose of the NBC interview with Carter?

Agree that people should lay off Carter. Not the greatest president, but has done a lot of good since. Plus he is the only president I have ever hung out with (shameless plug). Guy is pretty chill.

We used to have a small cabin in the GA mountains near one the Carters have in Elijay. Every now and then we'd see him at The Cathouse Restaurant there. I was always tempted to go up and talk to him, but never did. He seemed like a nice enough guy. He is a much better ex-president than he was a president.

We used to have a small cabin in the GA mountains near one the Carters have in Elijay. Every now and then we'd see him at The Cathouse Restaurant there. I was always tempted to go up and talk to him, but never did. He seemed like a nice enough guy. He is a much better ex-president than he was a president.

Ex-president is a much easier job.

Back