• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jimmy Carter believes the NSA is spying on him

no seriously. Name one more living person who is more famous than Barack Obama. Don't confuse famous with beloved.

I would say, in general, the sitting American president is the most famous person in the world at that time. But I think Obama has surpassed previous presidents by a longshot because of his race and his youth. They are wearing Obama tshirts in places that couldn't pick W or Clinton or HW or Reagan out of a lineup.

It would be an interesting experiment. Take photos of ten people to all corners of the Earth and see who could name them.

In no particular order:

Obama
Messi
Ronaldo
The Pope
OBL
Clooney/Pitt
Bill Gates
Michael Jackson
Some Indian Guy
Some Chinese Guy

yeah I think it is pretty fascinating. I was thinking living people, but yeah even out of that list I think Obama takes it. Love him or hate him, he is the most famous. His approval ratings as president are low-ish, but not his like-ability rating. People generally find him likable. :noidea:

no seriously. Name one more living person who is more famous than Barack Obama. Don't confuse famous with beloved.

I would say, in general, the sitting American president is the most famous person in the world at that time. But I think Obama has surpassed previous presidents by a longshot because of his race and his youth. They are wearing Obama tshirts in places that couldn't pick W or Clinton or HW or Reagan out of a lineup.

So you weren't comparing Obama at the height of his popularity as a sitting president with the popularity of Elvis and the Beatles ( three of whom are dead) at the height of theirs? You're actually saying that Obama is bigger in 2014 than icons of the 50s and 60s are today? Well, yeah.

I don't disagree with you. I think Dwight D. Eisenhower might have been more famous in his years as President due to his role of leading Allied forces in Europe. He even has tree named after him at Augusta National! That leads to another question - which current living ex-presidents will be invited to join Augusta National? I wonder if Obama will ever get an invitation? would he accept?

There is a black chick that's a member now. A Kenyan, Muslim shouldn't have a problem...

Back