• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jimmy Carter believes the NSA is spying on him

The Carter Center has nearly eradicated Guinea Worm Disease. Around 3.5 million people per year were afflicted in 1986. There were less than 200 cases in 2013. I consider that to be a major accomplishment and have supported the Carter Center for the past several years. He was a shitty president but has done some great work in his post-presidential years.

Republicans should be afraid of what Obama can do over the next 30+ years as an ex-president without having to deal with their BS.

Obama will never again wield the power he had before the ACA was rammed through congress. The hype of Obama is long gone. Hopefully, he'll put his mediocre presidency behind him and move forward much like Jimmy Carter.

IMO, ex-Presidents should fight the urge to comment on the current President. Talking shit about the other party and Congress is fair game, but hopefully done with some dignity/decorum. It will be interesting to see how Obama conducts himself, given how shabbily the Pubs have treated him and his impressive public speaking abilities.

What is astounding to me is that a former President of the US is so afraid of our current governments spying that he uses snail mail to avoid being spied on. Just think about that for a minute. It is staggering what we as a country will put up with. The Feds monitoring all of our communications is earth shattering news 5 years ago...now we just accept it even though it is clearly illegal.

This should be a storm the bastille/grab the pitchforks kind of thing but it isn't and I'm at a loss as to why.

What is astounding to me is that a former President of the US is so afraid of our current governments spying that he uses snail mail to avoid being spied on. Just think about that for a minute. It is staggering what we as a country will put up with. The Feds monitoring all of our communications is earth shattering news 5 years ago...now we just accept it even though it is clearly illegal.

This should be a storm the bastille/grab the pitchforks kind of thing but it isn't and I'm at a loss as to why.

Have you grabbed your pitchfork?

The military industrial complex.

I don't doubt the government was reading our snail mail and probably still does to some effect, by the way.

If Carter doesn't give the Shah asylum, therefore starting into effect all the events that led to 9/11, all of this probably never happens.

Just saying.

#RevisionistHistory #BlameItOnTheOlds

IMO, ex-Presidents should fight the urge to comment on the current President. Talking shit about the other party and Congress is fair game, but hopefully done with some dignity/decorum. It will be interesting to see how Obama conducts himself, given how shabbily the Pubs have treated him and his impressive public speaking abilities.

I have zero doubt president Obama will respect the office and not be critical of the next president.

Have you grabbed your pitchfork?

No, but that is part of the problem...I am afraid to speak out against the current regime for fear of retribution. However, I am comfortable and kind of a pussy, so I will just bitch.

The problem is that a majority of Americans feel like the government can come after them if they voice displeasure. We have ventured into Tyranny territory.

Obama will never again wield the power he had before the ACA was rammed through congress. The hype of Obama is long gone. Hopefully, he'll put his mediocre presidency behind him and move forward much like Jimmy Carter.

I have major issues with Obama the President, but you are kidding yourself if you think he is so damaged. He's young, experienced (2 termer w/ 2 wars, financial collapse, oil spills, natural disasters, terrorist attacks), influential, highly intelligent, superior oratory skills, superior command of how to use technology to message effectively and mobilize people, and the biggest celebrity on the planet. No untoward scandals, to boot (sex, drugs, alcohol).

Last edited:
No, but that is part of the problem...I am afraid to speak out against the current regime for fear of retribution. However, I am comfortable and kind of a pussy, so I will just bitch.

The problem is that a majority of Americans feel like the government can come after them if they voice displeasure. We have ventured into Tyranny territory.
#bitchfork

I have major issues with Obama the President, but you are kidding yourself if you think he is so damanged. He's young, experienced (2 termer w/ 2 wars, financial collapse, oil spills, natural disasters, terrorist attacks), influential, highly intelligent, superior oratory skills, superior command of how to use technology to message effectively and mobilize people, and the biggest celebrity on the planet. No untoward scandals to boot (sex, drugs, alcohol).

The only thing people don't like about Obama is that he's the President. Remove that and you've got an extremely popular mouthpiece for the party.

Not only for the party, but any group for which he advocates. The guy is bigger than Elvis and the Beatles combined.

It's funny that Republicans think they've damaged him or exposed some monster. They have/will come out of this looking like petulant children trying to get out of eating their vegetables.

Not only for the party, but any group for which he advocates. The guy is bigger than Elvis and the Beatles combined.

It's funny that Republicans think they've damaged him or exposed some monster. They have/will come out of this looking like petulant children trying to get out of eating their vegetables.

Read this again tomorrow morning and tell me if you really believe this.

I'm sure the majority of Americans that YOU encounter on Fox News, at Civil War re-enactments, at gun shows, at Hannity/Palin/Beck take back Amurica rallies, at "War on: Religion/Guns/Freedom/Healthcare/Prayer in Schools/Job Creators/Marriage, or whatever other support groups you attend probably feel that way. You are correct.

silly republicans. Your dislike has clouded your judgment.

Barack Obama is the most famous, recognizable, and notorious human being on earth. He is absolutely bigger than the Beatles and Elvis. People from the Amazon Rain Forest to the Kalahari Bush know who he is. Great grandmas and 3 year-olds know who he is. That doesn't mean his policies are popular, it means that he is a huge sensation - like it or not. It means that he is the most famous person on earth.

Last edited:
Bigger than Beiber and Oasis maybe.

Back