• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Joe Biden, Football Hero?

The other guy schooled your candidate in a fact-based debate? No problem, follow this three-step plan:

1. Find something to attack said other guy, no matter how inane or innocuous.
2. ????
3. Profit

The other guy schooled your candidate in a fact-based debate? No problem, follow this three-step plan:

1. Find something to attack said other guy, no matter how inane or innocuous.
2. ????
3. Profit

Did you miss the part where Biden lied his ass off about his voting record?

It's just a fuckin' free-for-all!

Not at all what I said. Publishers don't run newsrooms, they run newspapers. And owners these days usually own more than one, sometimes many.

On the print side, the managing editor usually runs the newsroom with the section editors reporting to him/her, and the managing editor is usually someone that used to be a writer or copy editor -- i.e. a journalist, and most journalists are liberal as has been said and doesn't seem to be a subject of much argument (to this point, that could switch on a dime depending on what arguments are left after this post). Of course there can be several assistants for any or all of these depending on the size of the operation.

I've known conservative and libertarian journalists that were afraid to express their opinion for fear of decreasing their job opportunities, if that tells you anything (I'm sure it doesn't, you'll dismiss it as a worthless anecdote even though it's not).

On the TV affiliate side, it's slightly different, but not all that much. You've still got the top people that are concerned about more than news (and primarily so, as the ads make the money), and people that are in charge of the news operation and and people that are responsible for packaging content in such a way as to draw viewers. TV operations are typically not as large as the biggest newspaper staffs can be, because while a newspaper can get theoretically infinitely bigger (you can often tell a paper that's doing well or poorly by whether it's getting bigger or smaller), there's only 24 hours in a broadcast day and so many people you need for a newscast and so much advertising you can sell.

Anyway, hope you understand a little more about how a news operation is structured now.

When is Biden going to start telling stories of his days back in Nam?

When is Biden going to start telling stories of his days back in Nam?

One of the greatest things about Biden is that if you put a list of fake quotes next to a list of actual quotes, it would probably be exceedingly difficult to tell the difference between the two. He's a walking, talking Onion article.

The more Biden opens his mouth, the more you realize he has been making shit up for years, and certainly for his entire political career. It's to the point where you can't just chalk it up to being a politician but start to wonder if the guy is seriously delusional.

So where are the former UD players saying they don't remember Joe being on the team?

Joe Biden, Social Security Hero? Apparently not. Funny guy, Joe Biden....why would he lie about something so easy to check? In the words of George Costanza, "Because he's a LIAR!!"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/in-vp-debate-biden-seemed-to-overstate-his-role-in-social-security-reform/

During the vice presidential debate last week, Vice President Joe Biden seemed to significantly overstate his role in the 1983 negotiations over Social Security.
Asked about Medicare reform, the vice president said, “Look, I was there when we did that with Social Security in 1983. I was one of eight people sitting in the room that included Tip O’Neill negotiating with President Reagan. We all got together and everybody said, as long as everybody’s in the deal, everybody’s in the deal, and everybody is making some sacrifice, we can find a way.”
The comment would seem to suggest that Biden was one of the few, key players “in the room” working in a bipartisan way to reform Social Security.
On “Meet the Press” on April 29, 2007, then-Sen. Biden made a similar claim, saying he was “one of five people — I was the junior guy — in the meeting with Bob Dole and George Mitchell when we put Social Security on the right path for 60 years.”
But according to the historical record, Biden was not one of the small group of people in “the room,” or in “the meeting” — nor was he even a key player in reforms.

it is just sooo stupid, why put yourself in this position to be called out as a liar on something that can not help you get re elected, same goes for Ryan and the marathon. I wish , just once that a canidate would run, and commit themselves to never mention their opponent or their opponets records/beliefs. Only talk about what you would like to do, why you think it would work and what impact it might have.

it is just sooo stupid, why put yourself in this position to be called out as a liar on something that can not help you get re elected, same goes for Ryan and the marathon. I wish , just once that a canidate would run, and commit themselves to never mention their opponent or their opponets records/beliefs. Only talk about what you would like to do, why you think it would work and what impact it might have.

Obama's WWII hero uncle who liberated Auschwitz supports this message.

Back