• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Joe Giglio sends his regards

And I would keep Lobo for 10 years if it meant Bzz was gone tomorrow. And that is what is frustrating about hacks like Gigilo thinking that Wake fans are lunatics for flying a banner daring to criticize Wellman for retaining Grobe. Though there is legit criticism of Lobo and Grobe, there is no way anybody thinks about getting a billboard or aerial banner if it isn't for the WORST COACHING HIRE IN THE FUCKING HISTORY OF SPORTS. Trying to shift the justification from [Redacted] to Grobe is just assinine and encourages divisive accusations that are really irrelevant. The facts are cut and dried on firing [Redacted] and anybody else who even thinks of supporting him, obviously most notably Wellman. Stick to that mantra. Don't send Gigilo facts on Grobe, send him facts on [Redacted] to which there is no opposition.

So if I follow you, we could have Lobo replace Buzz to coach basketball, bring in a new OC, and life is better, no?

Leyritz is right. While some of this is about Grobe, if we hadn't hired the moron [Redacted] it would be fine.

Maybe not acceptable, but at least tolerable. The stench of Bzz infests everything around it.

I would be surprised if Grobe left. He's owed millions and has a job where the phrase "To those whom much is given, much is expected" most definitely does not apply.

I could see him bolting if he thinks we're gonna be absolutely awful next year (if he thinks it or not, we will be), and potentially in 2015 and/or '16 as well. Don't know if he'd want to stick around to see his legacy suffer more than it already has

Yeah, all his other decisions have been completely acceptable and above board.

I don't think he would be under much criticism at all if we hadn't hired [Redacted]. Most of the criticism has been attached to something he's done related to [Redacted].

So why were so many posters so righteously indignant about buffet steaks last week? Everyone on this board should have been of the WGAF mindset, correct?

the buffet steaks was funny. and ridiculous. however, not many recruits will ever know about a failed banner. each and every recruit brought in to visit that is hosted for dinner will see the "only one steak" line and laugh their asses off thinking about the other school visits the have been on. it screams small time.

[Redacted] merely opened the window on how Wellman has been running Wake sports. Once the window was open, it was plain to see what an idiot he's been all along.

this. had wellman not hired bzz the fan base would not likely have begun looking at wellman's actual record. looking at the numbers and listening to him going all in has really sullied his reputation and opened the eyes and minds of just about everyone. just about everyone now see the emperor has no clothes.

I don't know about that. A coach doesn't have five straight losing seasons without people noticing. But if the basketball team were winning 22 games a year, nobody would be pissed at Wellman right now.

why are we listening to an ohio state fan lecture us about wake forest football?

121219134340-david-shaw-p1-single-image-cut.jpg

ncaa_a_fitzgerald2_195.jpg

Last edited:
And I would keep Lobo for 10 years if it meant Bzz was gone tomorrow. And that is what is frustrating about hacks like Gigilo thinking that Wake fans are lunatics for flying a banner daring to criticize Wellman for retaining Grobe. Though there is legit criticism of Lobo and Grobe, there is no way anybody thinks about getting a billboard or aerial banner if it isn't for the WORST COACHING HIRE IN THE FUCKING HISTORY OF SPORTS. Trying to shift the justification from [Redacted] to Grobe is just assinine and encourages divisive accusations that are really irrelevant. The facts are cut and dried on firing [Redacted] and anybody else who even thinks of supporting him, obviously most notably Wellman. Stick to that mantra. Don't send Gigilo facts on Grobe, send him facts on [Redacted] to which there is no opposition.

I was going to argue that citing one Sidney Lowe, but then I looked at the records.... wow

Back