• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Joe Giglio sends his regards

I would be happy if Grobe coached us for another 10 years so long as Lobo was gone tomorrow.

I would be happy if Grobe coached us for another 10 years so long as Lobo was gone tomorrow.

Well we better start pumping Lobo up for some vacant head coach jobs, cause Grobe ain't going to send Lobo packing.

I'll be happy if we can just stop getting blown out by 40 points a couple of times a year. When the game is over after 5 minutes, your entire program has problems.

We've had at least one 30 point blowout every year since 2009 and more than a couple of 40+ point blowouts in the same season. We lost four games by 30+ last year (and another by 29 points). I don't think it would shock anybody if we lost a couple of more games by 30+ this year.

I'll be happy if we can just stop getting blown out by 40 points a couple of times a year. When the game is over after 5 minutes, your entire program has problems.

We've had at least one 30 point blowout every year since 2009 and more than a couple of 40+ point blowouts in the same season. We lost four games by 30+ last year (and another by 29 points). I don't think it would shock anybody if we lost a couple of more games by 30+ this year.

The butt whipping we received at Clemson doesn't bother me near as bad as the losses at BC and vs. ULM that we could've/should've won.

The butt whipping we received at Clemson doesn't bother me near as bad as the losses at BC and vs. ULM that we could've/should've won.

But a mediocre team that takes care of business against crap competition could at least make games against Clemson and Notre Dame and Florida State watchable. The options are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah but if you accept Grobe's keep it close philosophy, the blowouts should be very troublesome.

Yeah but if you accept Grobe's keep it close philosophy, the blowouts should be very troublesome.

True. If your philosophy is to play it close to the chest on offense, don't make the big turnover mistake, play a field position game, and rely on your defense; you should probably have a defense that doesn't give up a 64 yard TD pass and a 75-yard swing pass for a TD in the first quarter.

Outscored 130 - 27 in our last three games last year with a bowl bid on the line.

Outscored 130 - 27 in our last three games last year with a bowl bid on the line.

Grobe's record with 5 wins is atrocious. So many missed opportunities.

We didn't use to get blown out on the road back in the day, but now it is almost exclusively the rule versus the exception. Seems like we go in there with a weak mindset and as soon as one thing, anything, goes wrong, the shitstorm begins

What I am really hoping is that the team turns it around and salvages the season and Grobe rides out on a high note and calls it a day after this season.

What I am really hoping is that the team turns it around and salvages the season and Grobe rides out on a high note and calls it a day after this season.

I'm down with this. Elrod takes the reigns and we put up 30+ a game. Defense holds steady. We finish 8-5 or 9-4 and Grobe retires. Elrod is named head coach and cleans house to bring in a mix of former players and up and comers.

Like Bill Dooley with the dramatic win over Oregon.

I'm down with this. Elrod takes the reigns and we put up 30+ a game. Defense holds steady. We finish 8-5 or 9-4 and Grobe retires. Elrod is named head coach and cleans house to bring in a mix of former players and up and comers.

Elrod the coach? No thanks. New blood.

If Elrod takes over the offense, which leads us to 30+ a game and 8-9 wins, why would you want Grobe to retire? Grobe at HC and Elrod at OC would have proven wildly successful by winning 6 or 7 of our last 8 games. That would result in one of our best seasons ever and would provide a lot of hope for future seasons. And who knows if Elrod is head coaching material?

Given that 8 or 9 wins is all but impossible, I would have no problem ChrisL68's scenario.

In the event Grobe left, I would prefer if WF brought in an entirely new staff (other than the grad assistants). Elrod needs to get an OC job (or even a head job at FCS school) at another school, before getting the WF head job.

In the event Grobe left, I would prefer if WF brought in an entirely new staff (other than the grad assistants). Elrod needs to get an OC job (or even a head job at FCS school) at another school, before getting the WF head job.

Agree. Also, promoting a Grobe assistant coupled with hiring former Wake players as assistants has too many parallels to the Bz scenario. Ideally we would find a head coach (from the MAC?) with his own coaching staff, as we did with Grobe and Prosser (back before Ron Wellman lost his mind).

And I would keep Lobo for 10 years if it meant Bzz was gone tomorrow. And that is what is frustrating about hacks like Gigilo thinking that Wake fans are lunatics for flying a banner daring to criticize Wellman for retaining Grobe. Though there is legit criticism of Lobo and Grobe, there is no way anybody thinks about getting a billboard or aerial banner if it isn't for the WORST COACHING HIRE IN THE FUCKING HISTORY OF SPORTS. Trying to shift the justification from [Redacted] to Grobe is just assinine and encourages divisive accusations that are really irrelevant. The facts are cut and dried on firing [Redacted] and anybody else who even thinks of supporting him, obviously most notably Wellman. Stick to that mantra. Don't send Gigilo facts on Grobe, send him facts on [Redacted] to which there is no opposition.

And I would keep Lobo for 10 years if it meant Bzz was gone tomorrow. And that is what is frustrating about hacks like Gigilo thinking that Wake fans are lunatics for flying a banner daring to criticize Wellman for retaining Grobe. Though there is legit criticism of Lobo and Grobe, there is no way anybody thinks about getting a billboard or aerial banner if it isn't for the WORST COACHING HIRE IN THE FUCKING HISTORY OF SPORTS. Trying to shift the justification from [Redacted] to Grobe is just assinine and encourages divisive accusations that are really irrelevant. The facts are cut and dried on firing [Redacted] and anybody else who even thinks of supporting him, obviously most notably Wellman. Stick to that mantra. Don't send Gigilo facts on Grobe, send him facts on [Redacted] to which there is no opposition.

Yeah this.

I would be surprised if Grobe left. He's owed millions and has a job where the phrase "To those whom much is given, much is expected" most definitely does not apply.

Back