• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Joel Purchase?

The "Take Ownership of the Joel" page as a basketball project priority page on Deaconclub.com has been removed. It was there yesterday.

So dare I say it- center court needs to have student seating. Especially the side seen on TV. It will never happen but it needs to. College basketball is about the students and they're the ones who should be sitting courtside. Any fatcat donor who truly wants to support WF basketball should have no problem sitting a few rows back. And a snowball's chance...

Announcement before tomorrow's game maybe?

... allow smoking in the arena, makes for a unique "atmosphere".

I can still remember the smell of cigeratte smoke and urine that would hit you in face when you would walk into the old coliseum. :thumbsup:

I have a question about the Joel. I was talking with a woman today who's husband is a professor at Wake. Her husband is also on the development committee which is in charge of creating the new master plan for what Wake will be in the next 30 years. I bring this up because she said that Wake just bought the Joel from the city this past week. I have no idea if this is true. Does anybody with inside info know what the deal is? I would've thought that a deal like this would've made the news somewhere.

Or did her husband see a PLAN to buy the Joel as part of the master plan for the next 30 years? He is a professor - need to start there :)

Not all profs have their shit together like PhDeac.

So dare I say it- center court needs to have student seating. Especially the side seen on TV. It will never happen but it needs to. College basketball is about the students and they're the ones who should be sitting courtside. Any fatcat donor who truly wants to support WF basketball should have no problem sitting a few rows back. And a snowball's chance...

We dont have enough students that come to games to make it look decent.

Yeah that was in my mind too but some kind of seat re-arranging could make it happen. Maybe something like GaTech has on the baselines. Regardless, I'd rather see Deac students courtside than 70-yr olds in blue sweaters.

No it is not about the students alone.

No it is not about the students alone.

Did not say it was. Care to contribute more than your usual drive-by, bird-dropping, rhetorical shots or do you just not really have anything to add?

Agree that students should be courtside. NC State has a nice setup.

Did not say it was. Care to contribute more than your usual drive-by, bird-dropping, rhetorical shots or do you just not really have anything to add?

You said college basketball was about the students.

uzz_evj_02140.jpg

What is the precedent for naming the entire entertainment complex including Hooks, Joel, and BB&T. Put the money into upfitting the whole area to make it flow well.

What is the precedent for naming the entire entertainment complex including Hooks, Joel, and BB&T. Put the money into upfitting the whole area to make it flow well.

This would be outstanding. Hopefully, if and when the economy improves, Wake can accomplish morphing all three into one first-class complex.

I would consider closing Deacon Blvd as part of the long-term plan so as to give a more unified feel to the entire area.

you're being an ass. Just thought you should know.

I don't understand. Isn't the student section downstairs, courtside, on the south end of the arena? I thought that is where they sat.

I don't understand. Isn't the student section downstairs, courtside, on the south end of the arena? I thought that is where they sat.

Yes, that is where they sit. You don't have to be an ass.

I actually think having the students behind the basket is the best place for them. I think it helps create a true homecourt advantage when the student section is packed and the visiting team has to shoot against them in the second half. Hopefully they don't ever try to put in that ridiculous riser thing they tried a few years ago.

Yes, that is where they sit. You don't have to be an ass.

I actually think having the students behind the basket is the best place for them. I think it helps create a true homecourt advantage when the student section is packed and the visiting team has to shoot against them in the second half. Hopefully they don't ever try to put in that ridiculous riser thing they tried a few years ago.

Someone says students should sit courtside. I say they already sit courtside. You agree and then call me an ass. I don't understand. Please explain.

Back