• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins and the draft

Any scoops on his defense so far? I know summer league is just behind Collins court pick up ball for evaluating defense but has he held his own?

Peachtreehoops Podcast has talked about this. His D has been better than expected. Same with his outside shooting.

gettyimages-813475788.jpg

Any scoops on his defense so far? I know summer league is just behind Collins court pick up ball for evaluating defense but has he held his own?

I saw a tweet today on his defense today saying his pick n' roll defense was meh but his help defense is very good. From what I watched he had a couple good defensive plays around the rim that he went straight up with his arms, altered the shot enough for it to not go in, and avoided a foul (something he got called on in college too many times).

I missed this play.

He's exactly where he should be but could you imagine what he would have done at Wake next year?

One of my very favorite things about his ridiculous dunks is that he just turns and runs back up the court like he has done it before and will do it again...

beating a dead horse but i've been high on JC as a pro the whole way and i've been blown away by how good he's looked

At 3:01, a flash goes off at the top of Collins' monster dunk. Someone got a great picture of that.

He looks even better now than he did playing for Wake last year. He will be fun to follow in the NBA and we will all miss seeing him in a Wake uniform. Wake could have had a really good year with Collins back another year.

It also looks like Collins will be another terrific representative of Wake Forest in the NBA.

Lol at some of the dudes picked ahead of JC.

For realz. 36 PER in the toughest conference in the country with his level of athleticism and shooting form? I couldn't believe he lasted to ATL. It may end up working to his advantage though as they have no one in front of him to hold back his playing time. Collins will be a household name by the end of the season.

Even funnier is our fans on draft night questioning him leaving early.

I think some fans (myself included) weren't saying he wasn't ready but instead that with one more of year of incredible production he would not only be in the lottery he could make his way into the top 5 of the 18 draft. I still stand by that. Teams just didn't believe he was for real because of his quick ascension. One more of doing what he did in summer league ... adding three point range...etc... he would have been top 5. Either way it will work out for him imo. Glad to see him making a name for himself in the NBA., even if it is the summer league.

Back