• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins is #2 in KP's All-ACC Ratings

He's actually taken two, but for some reason they didn't count the second one. Both were at ends of halves.

Vad was right. Marquese Chriss was a bad comparison; Chriss had 53 blocks, hit 21 threes his freshman year, and he is 3 months younger than Collins. I want Collins to stay 2 more years, but if he gets a first round guarantee he should take it.

I was at UF for 2 years when Horford was there. Went to a ton of games. Horford was a man. Had a great mid-range game. He also had a ton of talent around him and got to play the 4 due to Noah.

Not saying Collins isn't as good. Just saying they've had very different college careers and situations.

I had zero doubt that Horford would be a very good NBA player (Noah surprised me)... I'm not sold (yet) on Collins in the NBA.

But I'm still firmly in the "he gone" camp. And I wish him the best of luck.

Horford is an NBA all star and was an All American. JC isn't there yet.

Horford's junior year : 27.8 mpg/13.2ppg/9.5rpg/1.8 bpg/ 60.8% FG/64.4% FT
JC as a soph: 25.4 mpg/18/1ppg/9.4 rpg/1/7 bpg/60.2% FG/72% FT

Neither made a three.

Athleticism in the NBA is so overrated. At least how we define it. Zach Randolph is going to be a career top 100 NBA all-time in both points and rebounds. And he is an average sized PF with literally no hops. He cannot get off the floor. What he has our outrageous hands. I love guys who have that one thing that is just so much more elite than everybody else. Timmy's was agility. The first time I saw him roll an ankle in college I thought he was done for weeks. Then I rewatched the tape and saw that as soon as his ankle started to roll, he threw his whole body into it and it was the sprawl across the floor that made it seem bad. But it wasn't bad because he literally figured a way in a split second to protect his ankle. CP3's is hand-eye with agility. Zach's is hands. Rodman's was motor. Rodman was an undersized PF with horrible hands. Greatest rebounder ever though.

I remember Swinton's frosh year and someone dropped a simple bounce pass to him in the post and his hands ... his hands ... the horror of it. I knew immediately he could never be a P5 player with those horrific hands.

Collins has some intanglibles that are intriguing. Not for nothing that RC Buford was at the game on Saturday.

Last edited:
Athleticism in the NBA is so overrated. At least how we define it. Zach Randolph is going to be a career top 100 NBA all-time in both points and rebounds. And he is an average sized PF with literally no hops. He cannot get off the floor. What he has our outrageous hands. I love guys who have that one thing that is just so much more elite than everybody else. Timmy's was agility. The first time I saw him roll an ankle in college I thought he was done for weeks. Then I rewatched the tape and saw that as soon as his ankle started to roll, he threw his whole body into it and it was the sprawl across the floor that made it seem bad. But it wasn't bad because he literally figured a way in a split second to protect his ankle. CP3's is hand-eye with agility. Zach's is hands. Rodman's was motor. Rodman was an undersized PF with horrible hands. Greatest rebounder ever though.

I remember Swinton's frosh year and someone dropped a simple bounce pass to him in the post and his hands ... his hands ... the horror of it. I knew immediately he could never be a P5 player with those horrific hands.

Collins has some intanglibles that are intriguing. Not for nothing that RC Buford was at the game on Saturday.

I agree that athleticism involves more than just how high can you jump or how fast you can run, but argument by cherry-picked examples of exceptions to the rule doesn't change the fact that the NBA is overall more athletic than college and this forces players to adjust their games, and some cannot.

RC was there because he's going to trade the rights for two guys he stashed in Europe and SloMo to get a Top 4 pick and take Dennis Smith.

I agree that athleticism involves more than just how high can you jump or how fast you can run, but argument by cherry-picked examples of exceptions to the rule doesn't change the fact that the NBA is overall more athletic than college and this forces players to adjust their games, and some cannot.

True. It is sort of fascinating to watch. Remember JJ Redick's first two years in Orlando? Hilarious. He figured it out though. CJ McCullum sure did this year as well. A guy like Wesley Johnson doesn't seem to be too interested in figuring it out enough to be a good NBA player. Happy to be a 12th man I suppose.

Also looking at Draft Express' prediction, they have Miami taking Patton with #13. There is no way they would take a pure center in that slot when they just maxed Whiteside. They could legitimately take JC there to fill a hole.

2017 DraftExpress NBA Mock Draft
Team needs have NOT been taken into account.

It's really a big board with just current projected draft order next to rankings of players. i do think labeling it a "mock draft" is suspect because they make no effort to mock the draft.

OK...looking at the current order, JC still has a little room to move up.

I also think Caleb Swannigan will move up the boards.

This is all good. The powers that be ain't gonna want to leave a first round pick out of The Dance.

He's actually taken two, but for some reason they didn't count the second one. Both were at ends of halves.

Yeah I'm confused why the one he took the last couple weeks didn't get counted (against GT maybe?). It could've come after the buzzer but I didn't think so.

Back