• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins

Reminds me of Mike Scott from UVA.

This is what I'm thinking, too. Guys like Collins are really undervalued by recruiting analysts (which coupled with his age make me think that we really got a steal with him), but they have the potential to be big time contributors with the right combination of guards. Collins is going to be a really good player for us.

So pumped about this class, our staff, and our program.

We have always had so much difficulty signing true power forwards with this kind of size. Bodes well.

Yes, one would have believe it's already been decided, I would just love to know who.

Yes, one would have believe it's already been decided, I would just love to know who.
I don't think so. The coaches will let the season play out and decide based on that.

Congrats to the coaching staff for setting their recruiting goals for highly ranked players. We certainly haven't had that "mojo" for a few years. At this point I think it's only fair to give coach Manning some time to change what's been happening at Wake for a few years. As we should remember, recruiting stars don't necessarily guarantee success ( hello Tony Woods and Ty Walker). So relax, enjoy watching Danny get his feet wet coaching this year. It won't always be pretty, be it will be a breath of fresh air, and a return to hope for the future. Thanks again guys! Go Deacs !

Woods was a good college player at Oregon. He shouldn't be in the same list with Walker.

Woods was at best a semi-useful part.

As a guy who only shot dunks and layups, he only shot 52% and 53% at Oregon. That's not very good. He also only averaged 3.5/rpg. That was below his per minute production at Wake. He did get slightly more blocks at Oregon.

The reality is he wasn't good at Oregon. He was a place holder.

Woods was at best a semi-useful part.

As a guy who only shot dunks and layups, he only shot 52% and 53% at Oregon. That's not very good. He also only averaged 3.5/rpg. That was below his per minute production at Wake. He did get slightly more blocks at Oregon.

The reality is he wasn't good at Oregon. He was a place holder.

It's amazing how much a bust that Woods, Walker, Aminu class was. Aminu lived up to his ranking. But man, Woods and Walker. What a shame.

Woods may have been an elite recruit in terms of Wake basketball recruiting, but don't forget that he was #43 RSCI. That positioning doesn't exactly guarantee one for a career of stardom. Plenty of RSCI top-50 recruits, particularly big men outside of the top-25, turn in comparable careers to Tony Woods.

Like TITSWF and Ph pointed out, Woods had a good career, playing solid roles on two different teams that won games in the NCAA Tournament (Wake in 2009-2010 and Oregon in 2012-2013).

Though he's playing for a garbage team now (somewhere in Romania, IIRC), dude was a good rotation player in Greek A1 league last year, too.

Woods may have been an elite recruit in terms of Wake basketball recruiting, but don't forget that he was #43 RSCI. That positioning doesn't exactly guarantee one for a career of stardom. Plenty of RSCI top-50 recruits, particularly big men outside of the top-25, turn in comparable careers to Tony Woods.

Like TITSWF and Ph pointed out, Woods had a good career, playing solid roles on two different teams that won games in the NCAA Tournament (Wake in 2009-2010 and Oregon in 2012-2013).

Though he's playing for a garbage team now (somewhere in Romania, IIRC), dude was a good rotation player in Greek A1 league last year, too.

A 6'11, 250 center should do better than 8.9/3.5 as a senior. His NCAA numbers at OR were - 3/3; 4/1 and 3/0.

He grossly underachieved in college. Of course, PH said Ish was never an ACC quality player.

And he never says negative things about recruits online..

Back