• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Collins

Woods knocked dookie Singler on his ass in Cameron once as Singler was trying to get to the rim. Singler air balled the first foul shot because his arm was still numb. Woods was ok with me. He was an enforcer

A 6'11, 250 center should do better than 8.9/3.5 as a senior. His NCAA numbers at OR were - 3/3; 4/1 and 3/0.

He grossly underachieved in college. Of course, PH said Ish was never an ACC quality player.

Just to support Strickland's initial point:

From 2006-2010 there were 18 centers that fell within 15 spots of Tony Woods' position (#41) in RSCI's final rankings. The average peak season per game averages for those 18 centers were 9.1 points and 5.3 rebounds. Their average height and weight were 6 feet 11.16 inches and 246.56 pounds respectively.

Tony Woods had an average career for a big man ranked between 26 and 56 coming out of college. It is a gross misstatement to say that he "grossly underachieved" in college. Of course, PH has nothing to do with this.

Congrats to the coaching staff for setting their recruiting goals for highly ranked players. We certainly haven't had that "mojo" for a few years. At this point I think it's only fair to give coach Manning some time to change what's been happening at Wake for a few years. As we should remember, recruiting stars don't necessarily guarantee success ( hello Tony Woods and Ty Walker). So relax, enjoy watching Danny get his feet wet coaching this year. It won't always be pretty, be it will be a breath of fresh air, and a return to hope for the future. Thanks again guys! Go Deacs !

Pretty much agree with this. He's yet to coach a game, so I'm relunctant to board this bus.
But, for the first time in four years, it's not effin clown shoes.

From 2006-2010 there were 18 centers that fell within 15 spots of Tony Woods' position (#41) in RSCI's final rankings. The average peak season per game averages for those 18 centers were 9.1 points and 5.3 rebounds. Their average height and weight were 6 feet 11.16 inches and 246.56 pounds respectively.

Tony Woods had an average career for a big man ranked between 26 and 56 coming out of college. It is a gross misstatement to say that he "grossly underachieved" in college. Of course, PH has nothing to do with this.

lol

But don't let facts get in the way!

Except Tony averaged 6 ppg and 3.2 rpg for his career. Those numbers are 50% BELOW the per game averages of those centers.

Here are the REAL nuimbers http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/41040/tony-woods

His peak season was 8.9 ppg vs. an average of 9.1 ppg. His peak rebounds per game was lower than average, but his peak scoring output was right there with the people he was ranked with

His PEAK scoring approximated the average of what the other centers AVERAGED for their careers. I can't believe you don't see the weakness in that.

His PEAK rebounding was 49% BELOW the average for that group.

Using the numbers Strickland provided, there's no way around the fact that Tony's CAREER was much less than the AVERAGE of those players.

A 6'11, 250 center should do better than 8.9/3.5 as a senior. His NCAA numbers at OR were - 3/3; 4/1 and 3/0.

He grossly underachieved in college. Of course, PH said Ish was never an ACC quality player.

So what rj? He's been gone from Wake for four years now. His ranking didn't imply that he'd be a lot better than he was. And he wasn't. If Woods is the floor for Collins, we should be happy with the commitment.

RJ could you please reread this post and note that the poster, RChildress107, posted average numbers from comparable ranked centers from their PEAK seasons. So comparing Tony's senior year, his peak year, to the peak year of other similarly ranked centers is appropriate. Comparing his overall career averages to the peak year of other centers is not adequate.

His PEAK scoring approximated the average of what the other centers AVERAGED for their careers. I can't believe you don't see the weakness in that.

Using the numbers Strickland provided, there's no way around the fact that Tony's CAREER was much less than the AVERAGE of those players.

Did you read what strick posted? He didn't say the career average was 9.1 ppg, he said that the peak season was 9.1 ppg.

The last sentence could read "When I get to make shit up instead of reading and comprehending what other's write, there's no way around the fact that whatever I make up is correct"

1. Strickland didn't post any numbers

2. As others have pointed out your unwillingness to read the posts you are responding to (or you inability to comprehend them) has once again made you look foolish.

I only looked at each of the 18 players best seasons as compared to Tony's best season. I did this because YOU particularly focused on Tony's senior year. Compared to that group of 18 players Tony scored 98% as many points and pulled down 67% as many rebounds.

If you want to refute the facts that I posted you can take the time to run the career numbers, otherwise kindly shut up.

It's going to be nice to have real competition for PT at PF and C again, finally.

Back