• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John McCain has died

Former President of Estonia.

John McCain has a brain tumor

I wonder who will speak at his funeral? Under normal circumstances, the current GOP President would. Even under less than normal circumstances, the prior GOP President would. But I can’t see the family wanting Trump or W doing it. I would guess Jon Kyl if it’s a current or former politician. Obama would be the maverick pick. I assume he will be in attendance.

I wonder who will speak at his funeral? Under normal circumstances, the current GOP President would. Even under less than normal circumstances, the prior GOP President would. But I can’t see the family wanting Trump or W doing it. I would guess Jon Kyl if it’s a current or former politician. Obama would be the maverick pick. I assume he will be in attendance.

I was thinking Obama. The McCain family despises trump and seem to have always respected Obama. It just makes sense.

That would be a major FU to the GOP. Hell I imagine many of them would refuse to attend.

Lieberman and Tom Brokaw are likely to speak. I wouldn't be shocked if Obama does.

I didn't agree with McCain very often, but he was mostly honest.

He will be missed.

RIP

I'd be stunned if Trump is asked to speak. Hell, Trump couldn't even say anything nice over the past week or so. It was totally classless.

I'd be stunned if Trump is asked to speak. Hell, Trump couldn't even say anything nice over the past week or so. It was totally classless.

I could be wrong but I think McCain and/or his family had previously told Trump that he won’t be welcomed at the funeral.

FWIW, Paul Wellstone only had people close to him speak at his funeral-no one who was prominent nationally. McCain was higher profile though.

I'd be a little stunned to have Trump speak at any funeral. He'd make the speech about himself and MAGA within three minutes.

I'd be a little stunned to have Trump speak at any funeral. He'd make the speech about himself and MAGA within three minutes.

There are plenty of families who would want that.

Class move for McCain to request the winners of his two election losses to speak.

There are plenty of families who would want that.

Class move for McCain to request the winners of his two election losses to speak.

Back