• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Wolford (NFL Roster Cuts)

Raiders cut Wilber a few days ago but then re-signed him and just announced him as a captain

Raiders cut Wilber a few days ago but then re-signed him and just announced him as a captain

Raiders did the exact same thing with Wilber last year.

Sounds like salary cap manipulation.

What was discussed with respect to Eagles and Vinnie Curry. Cut him. Because of his length of service he is instantly a free agent not subject to waiver claim. Wink, wink, nod, nod, he doesn't sign elsewhere and re-signs with his old team after his salary cap space is used to stash somebody.

Too bad. Hate we didn't have him last season - we could have been really good.

Could've had him this season as well - redshirt junior last season / senior this season. And unless he just didn't like college, can we officially regard his leaving early as a really bad decision? I get that he wasn't going to get taller yada yada yada, but I assume he would rather have two more years as a stud college player vs not playing at all.

Could've had him this season as well - redshirt junior last season / senior this season. And unless he just didn't like college, can we officially regard his leaving early as a really bad decision? I get that he wasn't going to get taller yada yada yada, but I assume he would rather have two more years as a stud college player vs not playing at all.

Didn't make sense at the time and I'm sure it didn't play out like he was hoping. Seems like enjoying two more years of college and becoming a truly memorable player at Wake and in the ACC would be worth sticking around for. But I guess he had other aspirations. I wonder who was in his ear on this one.

But I guess he had other aspirations. I wonder who was in his ear on this one.

62981209.cms

This is great news about Wolford, but I don't see how it can possibly be true. The top football talent analyst on this board, Bill Brasky, told us repeatedly how dumb Clawson was for playing this "fucking white midget". He hammered home his point that Hinton or, really, anyone else on the roster would be a better choice at QB than the no-talent, gym rat Wolford. Maybe Sean McVay and Clawson need to start consulting Brasky before making personnel decisions.

In all seriousness, congrats to Wolford. Hell of an accomplishment.

My broncos really high on the wake model! So stoked to see so many recent guys land a mile high!

My take was dead wrong on him. I thought he’d be a 5th-7th round pick regardless of when he came out so may as well go. In retrospect, it sure looks like the wrong call. Sucks.

Someone tell I'm wrong here, but this strategy of preparing to play professional football by not playing football makes no sense. If you are a first rd LOCK and leave early, i get it. But Dortch, Washington, Newman and Surratt made bad decisions. And the reason i include Washington on this list is sitting out the Pinstripe Bowl. I am 95% sure he was healthy.

Back