• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Wolford

Didn't catch the game, so actually curious whether intelligent people agree with this statement at all.

When he was allowed to throw, he looked good for the most part. Nice poise in the pocket. Scrambled into trouble a few times, so not perfect by any stretch. INT TD was off a drop. Looks like he could be pretty good if we can protect him and get WR separation.

I was impressed. He was swarmed and had no time, no chance- never showed a sign of panic.

Oh and we have no idea if he can throw deep as he never had the opportunity.

When he was allowed to throw, he looked good for the most part. Nice poise in the pocket. Scrambled into trouble a few times, so not perfect by any stretch. INT TD was off a drop. Looks like he could be pretty good if we can protect him and get WR separation.

Yep. Hopefully he's not shell shocked by the end of the year.

He threw one deep ball right on the numbers and it went off the dude's hands.

Wolford made some predictable rookie mistakes and also showed poise and promise. He threw a lot of wobblers early on and then seemed to grow more comfortable (or as comfortable as he could given that he was being murdered) as the game progressed. Peyton Manning would've looked horrible with that line last night.

The sky isn't falling at the QB position, but it does speak volumes that we have a true freshman starting at the most important position on the field. That we don't have a line to protect him is disconcerting because there is no way he will make it through the season-- and probably not through half the season-- without getting seriously injured.

For a true freshman QB, starting in his first college game, playing behind a line that can't block, with receivers that can't catch, and a running back that can't run, he didn't look bad.

were we saying the same things after Tanner's first game?

For a true freshman QB, starting in his first college game, playing behind a line that can't block, with receivers that can't catch, and a running back that can't run, he didn't look bad.

This sums it up pretty well.

He showed some good poise and presence in the pocket when he had more than 2 seconds (if you can call what he had a "pocket"). He seemed to short arm some throws but again it is tough to tell if this is an actual problem or just a result of having no time. I think once he faces better teams he could have some trouble with throwing into coverage. He threw some darts into receivers that might not turn out so well against upper-level ACC defenses. All in all I came away pretty impressed considering he is a true freshman starting his first game on the road surrounded by less than adequate talent in what is an entirely new system for all of them.

Not fully impressed w/ his arm strength but his moxie and his talent seem unquestionable. We got a gem in Wolford. Hope we can learn how to block before we ruin him like the Texans ruined David Carr.

Jury still out on the QB but Grobe left the cupboard completely empty.

Oh and we have no idea if he can throw deep as he never had the opportunity.

He threw deep to Matt James in 4th quarter and put the ball righ tin the breadbasket. True to form,....James dropped it for what would have been a 40 yard gain.

So I missed the first half, and saw that Alique Terry was replaced by Helms, who moved over from G. Was Terry any worse than the rest of the line?

So I missed the first half, and saw that Alique Terry was replaced by Helms, who moved over from G. Was Terry any worse than the rest of the line?

Terry came back in maybe in the next possession.

Back