• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Wolford

He's a good QB but he is making some poor decisions . The interception deep in WF territory was awful. As much as Grobe frustrated me with his conservative ways , WFU rarely lost the game with turnovers . Our defense is playing against both the opponent and our offense. I feel so bad for the D

Don't think we have seen enough to know if he is a good QB or not.

Cameron made as bad a decision on the throw Crump had to bat down.
I kind of thought Wake grads would be smart enough to avoid the "grass is greener," "gotta be the QB's fault" mentality, but I guess not.

No, it isn't only on the QB, But 36 yards of total offense and 2 turnovers is terrible. If Cameron can generate some offense with his legs, he might give us a better chance of winning a game or two down the stretch. We are DFL in total offense. What do we have to lose?

This "blame everyone but the coaches and the starting QB" mentality is bad too. The worst offense has a lot of blame to share.

We are DFL in total offense. What do we have to lose?

The same argument could be made for replacing Ford and Interman. Except we know those guys suck; we don't really know how good Wolford is.
I guess I come from the perspective of making a change at the root of the problem rather than somewhere else. I just don't think Wolford is the root of the problem.

This is hilarious. Wake Forest's offensive line just got manhandled yesterday by a bigger, way more athletic Florida State line. How this was not obvious is beyond me. Switching QB's, blaming coaches, yeah...I'll pass.

This is hilarious. Wake Forest's offensive line just got manhandled yesterday by a bigger, way more athletic Florida State line. How this was not obvious is beyond me. Switching QB's, blaming coaches, yeah...I'll pass.

To add... Wake's QB at least looked promising against lesser competition. The OL has looked awful against EVERYONE. But yes, the QB definitely needs to be replaced.

To add... Wake's QB at least looked promising against lesser competition. The OL has looked awful against EVERYONE. But yes, the QB definitely needs to be replaced.

Not by anybody on this current roster, Cameron looked worse than Sousa in the spring.

Against Army we ran for over 100 yards and allowed 1 sack in 35 passing attempts. And I remember alot of that success was due to some pretty wide open receivers.

Seems like you are the opposite or what you are complaining about.

The WRs are just as big of a problem as the OL. That fake reverse / WR pass play yesterday just emphasized how unbelievably untalented we are at WR. The passing game against lesser competition worked a little because the opposing corners were consistently playing 8-10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Now in conference play, the corners have no respect for us going over the top of them and are playing right at the line of scrimmage. Wolford did have some chances to throw the ball yesterday. Kind of hard to tell if he was indecisive or the WRs were not getting any separation with the camera not focused on what's going on down the field. Probably a combination of both.

The WRs are just as big of a problem as the OL. That fake reverse / WR pass play yesterday just emphasized how unbelievably untalented we are at WR. The passing game against lesser competition worked a little because the opposing corners were consistently playing 8-10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Now in conference play, the corners have no respect for us going over the top of them and are playing right at the line of scrimmage. Wolford did have some chances to throw the ball yesterday. Kind of hard to tell if he was indecisive or the WRs were not getting any separation with the camera not focused on what's going on down the field. Probably a combination of both.

We're just really "non-talented" at almost every position on offense. Wolford could be good. But our WRs stink, OL stinks, and Orville just isn't big enough to really be effective when getting hit as soon as he receives the handoff.

Peyton Manning could have played QB for us yesterday and we still would have lost big. The QB is not the problem. The scheme is not the problem. Recruiting, past strength-and-conditioning, past OL coaching are the problems. With our OL, we are entering mules in theKentucky Derby, and the greatest jockey in the country isn't going to bring that mule home a winner.

I haven't seen anyone ask for Wolford to be replaced - I think he's our best option and has shown the most at QB this season. I'm just wondering if his height is something that he'll be able to work around because it seems like a huge detriment.

I am fine with whatever the coaches decide. I just don't understand why it isn't something that should at least be considered.

Wolford was pretty awful yesterday. He is running around for most of the game like a deer in headlights.

Last edited:
If Wolf could survive yesterday, he could survive anyone else on our schedule. Let him learn, we'll be better off in the years to come for it. Why are we still running the shotgun draw? It is supposed to be benefitted by a good passing game, which we don't have. The OL is supposed to stand up the DL at the line of scrimmage, not be pushed 4 yds into the backfield. The outside rushers should be taken out of the play to the outside, not meet the back at the handoff. I like how the coaches did something different at the beginning. Maybe Dez is the/an answer at RB. If Pike is good to go, try 2 TEs sets with one running a slant and the other running a seam. We can't lose next week, so take advantage of the extra practice time and out coach Syracuse on the 18th.

Wolf needs to be replaced. He is a goo dab but he is small and has to be protected to be successful. Cameron and Sousa both are more physical and should play with the current line. No question wolf or dis the man when he has time but that is not reality. We don't need him to get hurt.

I haven't seen anyone ask for Wolford to be replaced - I think he's our best option and has shown the most at QB this season. I'm just wondering if his height is something that he'll be able to work around because it seems like a huge detriment.

how tall were skinner and price?

I think Wolford is the best QB on the roster but I am not sure a traditional QB is what this offense needs right now given the O line and skill players we have. With the lack of a running game a QB that can make plays with his feet could really help. But Clawson has made it pretty clear that we are building a foundation and won't sacrifice that so I suspect we will see Wolford as long as he is healthy.

Learning how to play with a crap OL is a more likely solution and more timely solution than recruiting our way to a good OL.

Tyson Clabo isn't walking through that door. Our system exacerbates the OL problems.

Back