• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jordan concerned Bobcats aren't connecting with community

Can't stand Jordan. Nothing against Charlotte but I hope they suck as long as he's the owner. Similar to how I feel about Dan Snyder.

Also, their throwback Cougars stuff looks a lot better than the current Bobcats gear.

I actually think he has it heading generally in the right direction. Obviously the Thunder are their model to build a small-market team through the draft and minor FAs for the time being. They seem to have hit on both Kemba Walker and Biyombo. Assuming they can get the #1 pick and Anthony Davis, he and Biyombo give them a very good young frontcourt with Tyrus Thomas moving forward. They just really need to hope that Davis can be a difference-maker like Durant (different position, obviously) or Blake Griffin. Walker looks really good, and Augustine and Henderson are serviceable. If they've got Walker, Henderson, Davis, and Biyombo, along with Thomas and Augustine off the bench, that could be competitive 2 or 3 years from now if they can get a top-tier scoring FA SG or SF to round out the starting 5.

The arena was pretty crowded a week or so ago to watch the Clippers, so there are NBA fans in the area. If the team gets some talent and starts winning, people will come out to watch.

People lose their shit when they see Michael Jordan. He can't just walk down the street and say hello to people without an ensuing mob scene. Grown men, women, little kids, all go crazy. Besides, that's not really his personality.

Yeah Flight would have been awesome. Bobcats is the worst.

No, they should be the Hornets. When teams move, they should be forced to eave the name behind. By extension, NO should be the Jazz. Do they even allow jazz in SLC?

People lose their shit when they see Michael Jordan. He can't just walk down the street and say hello to people without an ensuing mob scene. Grown men, women, little kids, all go crazy. Besides, that's not really his personality.

Which is exactly why he should be out in public more. He's a walking marketing machine. If he wants fans to connect with the team, then he can make it happen.

If Jordan wants the organization to be part of the community, visibility is the key...he just has to be willing to get out and do it. Look at the Hurricanes. They're everywhere in the Raleigh community. Hell, people stood in line to see Jeff Skinner during All Star week. Copy that model.

And rebrand. Everything about their image is awful.

Honestly, sucking for a season is the blueprint to win in the NBA right now. It's just the way it is. The worst thing a franchise can do is be mediocre (or even slightly above average) for an extended period of time. As weird as it sounds, going 4-26 is hugely preferable to going 14-16 or 15-15 right now. Especially with the Bobcats' current roster.

I saw MJ in Atlanta one time and I literally shit on myself

He needs to sink a large amount of money into making sure that the team becomes connected with the community. He has the funds, he needs to make it happen. Winning cures a lot and this is no different.

One of the very few times you are correct.

The name should have been "Flight" all along.

Have a HUGE community / state wide vote on what the new team name should be.... change the colors to something way better.... have throwback day a couple times a season to give fans the chance to wear their old stuff.

Three words, Mike... Meals On Wheels. Get those lard asses out there serving the elderly. I think it's their real calling in life.

Zeke is finally cheering for MJ.....to suck worse as an executive than he did.....

Bobcats need a lot, but mostly they need a scorer. Stephen Jackson was the perfect ballhog scorer to go with an entire team of role players. Now it's just boring role players.

Biyombo is the closest thing the Bobcats have to an exciting ticket selling player. The city is more excited for Checkers games.

Oh, and they got trade raped with Chandler to Dallas.

Back