• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jose heading towards NYC

it looks like this may fuck up the lower east coast. be safe all

145723_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

This one is making me nervous. Don't want another Fran.

I hear you. The headlines say it could curve out to see but it looks like it is likely to nail FL hard. Just a matter of where.

It keeps shifting further & further left. Hopefully the front coming towards it is enough to push it away. Not only is this storm going to likely cause a lot of damage wherever it goes, disaster relief (gov't & private) is stretched pretty thin with Harvey so adding another area of need would be less than optimal.

There's still some FEMA trucks on Hilton Head doing secondary clean-up/preventative work from Matthew last October. Last I checked (in Nashville right now) most trucks left in March/April but there's a small operation going on still.

Last edited:
Live in West Palm Beach and people aren't messing around with this threat. Went to Home Depot today because both batteries on my drill won't charge any longer. They had already sold out of wing nuts for hurricane shutters and all batteries larger than AA. I was one of probably 40 people on the drill aisle and there was a line of about 6 people waiting to get plywood cut. And a story in today's paper talked about how stores are already seeing shortages of water.

Official Hurricane Irma Thread (Potential category 5)

You guys know anything about generators? Have been considering buying one for a while, really strongly considering now in light of this hurricane, but not sure what size. I read that to power a fridge, you have to take wattage and multiply it by 3 or 4 to account for the motor powering on.

My side-by-side fridge appears to be 1800 watts (120v x 15A). 1800 x 4 = 7200 w, which is a bigass generator. I feel like that can't be right.

Here's one model:

giphy.gif

Live in West Palm Beach and people aren't messing around with this threat. Went to Home Depot today because both batteries on my drill won't charge any longer. They had already sold out of wing nuts for hurricane shutters and all batteries larger than AA. I was one of probably 40 people on the drill aisle and there was a line of about 6 people waiting to get plywood cut. And a story in today's paper talked about how stores are already seeing shortages of water.

I was surprised. Publix and target out of water, batteries, and flashlights in Pembroke Pines. I didn't think thinks would go off shelves until the path was known

I'm getting prepared to have 9-12 houseguests from the Tampa area. I was put on alert this morning.

Got room for 4 more?

Back