• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jose heading towards NYC

So current path could possibly erase the Florida keys, which haven't had a major hurricane in about 100 years. Also maybe someday Haiti will catch a break.

Get out of town, Bud !

My fiancee's family all lives in Puerto Rico and we are getting married there next year. This could get ugly real fast. Prayers to everyone down there and in Florida.

#Irma is the strongest #hurricane in the Atlantic basin outside of the Caribbean Sea & Gulf of Mexico in NHC records hurricanes.gov

This should also be catastrophic. What a disastrous couple of weeks on the hurricane front.

After it presumably finishes off Florida, the track has what's left of it rolling across upstate SC. I remember Hugo doing a similar dance in 1989 after it finished with Charleston and we were without power for like a week. Charlotte took a bad hit from Hugo as well. Not screwing around here at all as I have already started stocking water and batteries for what will surely at least be a power outage.

Decent sized crowd at Publix stocking up on water this morning.

Now at 180 mph sustained winds.

Christ, its supposed to make a direct hit on Anguilla, where a wake bud of mine is living. He made a FB post saying he has a strong house. I said to fly away.

And Tropical Storm Jose has formed behind Irma. Jose currently forecasted to turn and go into the Atlantic, but so was Irma at this time last week.

Irma, in its current form, is larger than the state of Ohio. 392 miles x 405 miles.

Back