• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jose heading towards NYC

Saturday's Tech-UCF game is already cancelled.

You and 2and2 are real pieces of work. I mean maybe just don't post if can't say anything without being passive aggressive about people who post on here and their very real situations with regards to flooding. Amazingly shitty.

Dude, a good portion of my state was underwater a couple weeks ago. I'm not unsympathetic to your plight. It's going to suck dealing with insurance and making your place habitable again. I suspect it will also make you consider moving somewhere else in the city, to a higher floor, or eventually to another city altogether. Such is the nature of living on the coast or in floodzones. Cities like Miami and Charleston have great reasons to be attractive places to live, and the ever looming specter of a big hurricane smashing into their shores every now and then. All I said in my initial post was that the media hyped up the storm considerably to the point of ridiculousness. They hyped it up so much that they had to maintain that level of hype as it struck the US and was not as advertised. I get that they have to alert the public, along with everybody else, as to the very real dangers of hurricanes. It just seems to me that there could be a balance somewhere. This is likely wishful thinking however, as the media hypes everything whether it warrants it or not (and most of the time it doesn't).

Thoughts and prayers.

screen%20shot%202015-07-09%20at%2012.21.22%20pm.png

Dude, a good portion of my state was underwater a couple weeks ago. I'm not unsympathetic to your plight. It's going to suck dealing with insurance and making your place habitable again. I suspect it will also make you consider moving somewhere else in the city, to a higher floor, or eventually to another city altogether. Such is the nature of living on the coast or in floodzones. Cities like Miami and Charleston have great reasons to be attractive places to live, and the ever looming specter of a big hurricane smashing into their shores every now and then. All I said in my initial post was that the media hyped up the storm considerably to the point of ridiculousness. They hyped it up so much that they had to maintain that level of hype as it struck the US and was not as advertised. I get that they have to alert the public, along with everybody else, as to the very real dangers of hurricanes. It just seems to me that there could be a balance somewhere. This is likely wishful thinking however, as the media hypes everything whether it warrants it or not (and most of the time it doesn't).

index.html

170911122650-05-texts-and-tweets-irma-exlarge-169.jpg

170911122653-06-texts-and-tweets-irma-exlarge-169.jpg

170911124137-08-texts-and-tweets-irma-exlarge-169.jpg

170911124128-07-texts-and-tweets-irma-exlarge-169.jpg

170911124146-10-texts-and-tweets-irma-exlarge-169.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/11/us/social-media-irma-rescue-trnd/index.html

That woman proved by herself, through her own texts, why it is dumb not to evacuate if you're in a low-lying area.

1. I'm trapped
2. Emergency people can't get to me right now
3. People aren't allowed out because it's dangerous

What an idiot.

They hyped it up so much that they had to maintain that level of hype as it struck the US and was not as advertised. I get that they have to alert the public, along with everybody else, as to the very real dangers of hurricanes. It just seems to me that there could be a balance somewhere. This is likely wishful thinking however, as the media hypes everything whether it warrants it or not (and most of the time it doesn't).

So, what's the correct amount of coverage for a Category 5 hurricane predicted to affect multiple major United States cities?

Important to consider that a large portion of that coverage was disseminating EOC briefs/conferences from city, county, and state govt. officials. Plenty of people still rely on TV and news coverage to receive important emergency information (aid locations, shelters, forecast updates) from those sources. Not sure how you operationalize "media hype," but I hope you don't include that info.

Important to consider that a large portion of that coverage was disseminating EOC briefs/conferences from city, county, and state govt. officials. Plenty of people still rely on TV and news coverage to receive important emergency information (aid locations, shelters, forecast updates) from those sources. Not sure how you operationalize "media hype," but I hope you don't include that info.

Well exactly. They have an obligation to report it, to report the hazards, important info, etc... It also fits neatly into their MO, which is to cover the shit out of something and build it up to death. What is the happy medium? Beats the shit out of me.

Well exactly. They have an obligation to report it, to report the hazards, important info, etc... It also fits neatly into their MO, which is to cover the shit out of something and build it up to death. What is the happy medium? Beats the shit out of me.

There is no happy medium. People's lives are at stakes. Your report the shit out of it until it passes.

This was a historical hurricane where millions of peoples lives are at stake. Just because you are tired of hearing about it doesn't make the storm any less dangerous.

Rubbins continues his steady #decline into becoming the next BFK on these here OGBoards. Once a super chill kinda funny joker who is now morphing into a super contrarian dickbutt on pretty much any thread he decides to grace with his presence.

The hot takes from the other usual suspects on this thread were completely expected too.

Official Hurricane Irma Thread (155 MPH winds-juice prays 4 miami)

What did i do wrong besides report facts? Lol. Y'all hate that more than moonz being like errrybody gonna die! Good lord. I guess it's true, haters gonna hate when you right and they wrong

Official Hurricane Irma Thread (155 MPH winds-juice prays 4 miami)

Ps- one of the dwarves throwing hate on here has a fifty paragraph post just now documenting his nervousness about how to get rid of an old couch. How do you think fellas like that would handle a big hurricane, or a fucking flat tire for that matter. I rest my case. Lahd ha mercy! These fellas

Last edited:

Ps- one of the dwarves throwing hate on here has a fifty paragraph post just now documenting his nervousness about how to get rid of an old couch. How do you think fellas like that would handle a big hurricane, or a fucking flat tire for that matter. I rest my case. Lahd ha mercy! These fellas
Not crazy

Back