• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jose heading towards NYC

Miami Beach Mayor Urges Residents To Get Out Now: ‘This Is A Nuclear Hurricane'

Girlfriend is in residency at Jackson Memorial in Miami, she gave up her plane ticket (was supposed to meet me in DC this weekend) because her brother (only family in the US) just doesn't want to leave.

The plan as of last night is to attempt to evacuate to Orlando to stay with friends, that is unless the brother continues to want to stay. If that's what happens, the plan is to put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

Nearly everything I've seen has Miami being absolutely obliterated. If you're there you've gotta try to GTFO. It's just not smart to stay.

Two very different models out right now.

DRAMATIC SHIFT WEST IN EURO MODEL. Unfortunately, we are back to major spread between the models. GFS has been consistently moving Irma just off the east coast of Florida. EURO had been insisting of landfall near Miami, but now has shifted west to a more "Donna - 1960" track up the spine of the state. This shift does not mean that the new EURO track will actually verify. I think what it does do is increase the likelihood of Irma making landfall in Florida THE IMPORTANT TAKE from this is what I have been stressing all along. We are not out of the woods until WE SEE THE TURN on Saturday - and we see the specific timing of that turn - and the angle of the turn in respect to South Florida. I urge you to take this storm seriously, and pay attention. I know that you are all desperate for answers. I am inundated with "I live in blank blank, what can I expect at my house?" questions. The fact is, there is not a meteorologist who knows for sure how this is going to play out and what exact impacts you are going to see. The storm is still a 1000 miles away. We are not going to feel comfortable with any forecast until we start seeing Irma turn to the north. As good as the modeling is, nothing, I mean nothing is an absolute. I do not need to remind you of Charlie's last minute turn to the northeast. This post is not to scare. Not to hype. This is a post to urge you to pay attention. More than likely, there will be additional changes along the way. Have your supplies. If you are in an evacuation zone and you are told to leave, then you leave. I will keep you posted. Below: Euro top. GFS bottom. Valid time: Sunday evening. www.myfoxhurricane.com

21366935_1560774127315585_5101966715783282110_o.png

21319057_1560774157315582_8837513891645427582_o.png

I can't imagine staying in a location like Miami given the current forecast this unless you legitimately and absolutely do not have the means to evacuate. Not only is it putting yourself in a horrendous situation, you are also likely putting military, LEO, and healthcare providers in a horrible situation too.

I completely understand wanting to stay and "ride it out", or whatever, but lives matter way more than material things.

Despite there being two drastically different models right now, Miami is going to get hit hard by either one.

I can't imagine staying in a location like Miami given the current forecast this unless you legitimately and absolutely do not have the means to evacuate. Not only is it putting yourself in a horrendous situation, you are also likely putting military, LEO, and healthcare providers in a horrible situation too.

I completely understand wanting to stay and "ride it out", or whatever, but lives matter way more than material things.

Despite there being two drastically different models right now, Miami is going to get hit hard by either one.

There are a lot of proud stubborn people in Miami. And two of them have a daughter I married. I'm really worried.

There are a lot of proud stubborn people in Miami. And two of them have a daughter I married. I'm really worried.

I really hope everything turns out alright down there, but this isn't something that I would be stubborn about (and it's not given that I am leaving Charleston in a few hours to go north).

DJJIgGDUEAAJ3K7.jpg

> 20-million would see hurricane force wind gusts (> 74 mph) from Hurricane #Irma from Keys/Miami to Atlanta on the Interstate 75 track.

I have a wedding in Key Largo in two weeks that I'm really looking forward to. Guess that isn't happening.

Back