• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JTP's Angle Shooting Mafia Extravaganza - MAFIA WINS DESPITE MASS CHEATING

I won't say I was perfect, but I didn't have horrible game. I did nail Rommy and essentially civ cleared one of the remaining people. And I made it to end game with one of the few good civ powers.

There weren't a lot of good civ powers in this game.

mafs didn't have great powers, either, tbh. we had a RB, a godfather (in a game with no real cop but a real GF hunter, which actually makes the GF more gimped than a goon I think?), and doofus, whose power ended up sacrificing himself but giving us the instant night, a 1-shot strongman (in a game with no real protection), and a 1-shot bus

hey another way I could have won this game:
4.) if jtp hadn't abandoned the entire game for the last 18 hours and actually confirmed the thing that tejas said would get confirmed

cool, cool

I really hate how the last overnight occurred.

Ya sorry. I probably bungled that. I was trying to be fair while nonny was again toing if not steppeing over cheating line while basically declaring Day himself and continuing to play while everyone else was waiting for Pms and info. Like I didn't know what jtp allowed as powers for bym, and nonnys powers needed clarification

So ya I'll take some of that, but nonny didn't exactly help there. And obviously neither did jtp disappearing

Postgame is the spot for this:

Angle shooting does not have to be cheating. It's a bitch way to play, but not every angle being shot is cheating.

mafs didn't have great powers, either, tbh. we had a RB, a godfather (in a game with no real cop but a real GF hunter, which actually makes the GF more gimped than a goon I think?), and doofus, whose power ended up sacrificing himself but giving us the instant night, a 1-shot strongman (in a game with no real protection), and a 1-shot bus

I think that doofus power is an awesome way to do a power like that

real talk, if I hadn't gotten assurances that the skipped night move option would be confirmed in thread, my endgame play would have bym and cursing out knight a bunch

that was going to be fun

Angle shooting does not have to be cheating. It's a bitch way to play, but not every angle being shot is cheating.

Ya I took angleshooting game has have fun, pos rep some folks, joke about pms, talk to god, talk during night, not FIND WAYS TO BREAK GAME

I think the more relevant lesson for most of these fucks is that most cheating isn't angleshooting

real talk, if I hadn't gotten assurances that the skipped night move option would be confirmed in thread, my endgame play would have bym and cursing out knight a bunch

that was going to be fun

I mean, you never got mad. I actually thought about that.

I have to say though, dead talking games EVERY NOW AND AGAIN are kinda fun. I don't think anyone took it too far and tried to break the game for those that were still playing.

JTP not being around for a couple deadlines let it devolve into chaos, especially yesterday, but I thought that this was a good blow-off-some-steam game.

I mean, you never got mad. I actually thought about that.

ooo, this is a fun one.

when ph posted his terrible comeback list, I asked chatzy if I should "tear him a new asshole" or "be cool". chatzy's answer deprived us of some fun

Let's not forget the fact that civs won and I was a big part of that!

I missed the you-Knight thing. Please elaborate.

Knight and I (and Chic) had lunch on Tuesday. On the way out, we briefly talked mafia. I told him I was a civ and asked if he had any reads (which in my mind is no different than what RW does with his wife... the reading over the shoulder, not sexy time). He asked if Gouda was still alive and said to kill Gouda.

Then, he came in the thread and told everyone that I told him I was civ, which is pretty clearing since it breeches the game/life divide.

Knight and I have had lunch before where we were both playing. We talked mafia, but nothing about the specific game. He was mafia and I was a civ and IIRC, mafia won that game.

Uhm. As mod I retroactively kill nonny w/ WFRW, as I did w/ redwing and DWD

RSF WINS!

Back