• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JTP's Angle Shooting Mafia Extravaganza - MAFIA WINS DESPITE MASS CHEATING

It was an angle shooting game and the multiple roles thing was iffy on if legal. Multiple people thought of it.

I had decided that if I got mafia, I would polar the game without knowing who the teammates were.

I think kinda fair in an angle shooting game.

Its not angle shooting, its legit full blown cheating. But I still think its hilarious. Mostly because i didn't get owned by some random

What is the drink thing everyone keeps talking about?

here you go

Aight, bym, let's make a bet. For one tailgate when I'm in town for a football game next year...

If you're mafia, you buy me a nice bottle of whiskey.

If I'm mafia, I buy you a nice bottle of whiskey.

If neither of us are mafia, no whiskey purchased.

Gentleman's agreement. Virtual handshake.

You done?

(Told you I had some angleshooting up my sleeve!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aight cool.

Now you guys can decide if I'd be willing to gamble away a nice bottle of whiskey for this game.

(Also this would have been an AMAZING play if we were both mafia and used this near end game)

Love how you put a $$ value on the bottle! Civ!!

Aight. Angle shooting expanded.

RSF, tim, and PH...

I'll match the bet I made with bym about mafia with all three of you.

If I'm mafia, $100 bottle of whiskey for each of you.

If you're mafia, $100 bottle of whiskey for me.

Who is in? Who is not in?

RSF and Tim, do you want to make the whiskey bet as well?

Mafia says no.

I think the drink thing may be the only real true angle shooting that happened in this game.

Was actually more of just a free for all

The drink thing is quintessential angle shooting - that and talking to the mod. Those are what come to mind for me. I did the "make a deal outside the game thing" once early when I didn't know better.

ways I could have won this game:

1.) if nonny hadn't outright cheated
2.) if the redwings hadn't outright cheated (though less outright than nonny, which was nice!)
3.) if knight hadn't posted cheat-y bullshit about bym

oh look it's three things I had no fucking control over and which were not angleshooting but actual cheating you goddamn fucks

Or...don't sandbag who is potentially your biggest asset.

The irony behind bussingme because I bus teammates when I literally civ leaned 3 of ours...is almost too sweet.

I should have accepted and welched. If I had known that fucker cheated with WFRW, I would have.

Oh well.

I won't say I was perfect, but I didn't have horrible game. I did nail Rommy and essentially civ cleared one of the remaining people. And I made it to end game with one of the few good civ powers.

There weren't a lot of good civ powers in this game.

Tejas and I talked about this in maf chat, you were easily the civ MVP

Or...don't sandbag who is potentially your biggest asset.

The irony behind bussingme because I bus teammates when I literally civ leaned 3 of ours...is almost too sweet.

You are not as good at this game as you think you are.

Tejas and I talked about this in maf chat, you were easily the civ MVP

meh. He would have gotten obliterated in endgame without the knight post. P sure both timdunk and nonny confirmed that.

Postgame is the spot for this:

Angle shooting does not have to be cheating. It's a bitch way to play, but not every angle being shot is cheating.

This is how I always saw it. Maybe we need toogs to give us a definition.

Ya I took angleshooting game has have fun, pos rep some folks, joke about pms, talk to god, talk during night, not FIND WAYS TO BREAK GAME

^^^

Are you guys loving how I'm raising the post game

real talk for a sec, I was disappointed by the role write-ups. jtp promised a saltfest, and none of the roles were really that funny or interesting or mean :(

one day I'll write a metagame and show you children how it's done

2017 does seem like the appropriate time

Or I could do a World Religion game. I would hope toogs would help me with that, as he is the resident expert on such themes.

real talk for a sec, I was disappointed by the role write-ups. jtp promised a saltfest, and none of the roles were really that funny or interesting or mean :(

one day I'll write a metagame and show you children how it's done

Eagles should be the only one that writes those, as he is the only person that can seem to be the appropriate level of funny/mean. Everyone else is just too mean or not funny.

JTP is a bad son.

Back