• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JTP's Angle Shooting Mafia Extravaganza - MAFIA WINS DESPITE MASS CHEATING

Here is my proposal for a Monopoly Mafia. Let me know what you guys think:

Monopoly Mafia

Start of Game

Each civ player starts with $1500. The whole mafia team will start with $1000 * the initial number of mafia members. When a mafia player dies, a $200 death tax will be applied to the mafia’s bank. On Night 0, the mafia will roll two dice three times and their average roll will be taken. At the same time, each civ player will roll the dice, the top and bottom rolls will be discarded, and the average will be taken. This will determine whether mafia rolls first or civs roll first. At the start of the game,

Gameplay

Once the order of rolling takes place, both civs and mafia will roll. Each property on the board contains a role or power of some sort, ranging anywhere from vanilla civ to role cop (not to say that role cop is the most powerful power in the game). All roles will be open to both mafia and civ players, though some roles will be adjusted slightly depending on which team gets said role (e.g., a civ GF makes no sense).

The civ that will roll the dice will be RNG’d each night, starting from Night 0. Civs will be allowed to roll the dice multiple times in one game, but will not be allowed to roll the dice on consecutive nights. Regardless of the civ player, the civ token will move from the previous player’s ending location. The mafia will roll the dice as a team. If the mafia purchase a role, it will be RNG’d to one of the members. A mafia member MAY receive RNG’d roles on consecutive turns.

If a double is rolled, that player may roll again. However, if three double rolls are rolled consecutively, that team’s token will be taken directly to Jail and all effects of Jail will be in effect immediately upon rolling the third double.

When a player lands on an unowned property, that player will have the option to purchase the property or not. The roles will roughly be laid out in ascending valued order, but this is not a hard and fast rule and is not necessarily going to be how each property will act. If the player chooses to purchase the property, they will be assigned the associated role that comes with it, usable the night following the purchase (i.e., a role earned Night 0 will be usable Night 1).

If a player from the opposing team lands on a square that the other team owns, there will be no rent involved, but the team that owns the square will be notified that the opposing team’s token landed on that square. This notification DOES extend to railroads and utilities.

Special Squares

When a team’s token passes GO, the team will be awarded money. For mafia, the whole team earns the $100 * number of living players. For civs, each player that rolled and spent money during that time around the board will earn $200.

If a team’s token ends its turn on the “Go To Jail” square, that team forfeits their next roll and has their night moves blocked for the night that the Go To Jail square was landed on. Their token will be moved to the Jail square, where it will remain until their next roll.

If a team’s token lands on Free Parking, they will earn an RNG’d amount of bonus cash. Potential bonuses are $50, $100, $200, $300, or $500. There is a 50% chance of $50, 20% chance of $100, 15% chance of $200, 10% chance of $300, and 5% chance of $500. All Free Parking RNG’s will have numbers 1-100 assigned to one of the possible bonuses, and then the number it lands on will give the bonus.

Railroads and Utilities will have a role associated with the whole of the squares, not individual squares. Earning multiple railroads or both utilities will increase the power and reach of the role. Both teams can own railroads and utilities at the same time.

Chance and Community Chest squares will allow the player that landed on the square to select a card. Chance cards have a much higher risk/reward for the player that lands on it, while Community Chest cards will give out small bonuses are inflict small penalties. I have come up with many scenarios for both sets of cards and each scenario will be assigned a number that will be RNG’d upon landing on the square. After a scenario has been RNG’d, it will be removed from the game until all scenarios for that set of cards have been exhausted. At this point, all scenarios will be put back in the game.

The Luxury Tax square will result in a $100 forfeiture of cash from the whole team that lands on it. That means each civ will lose $100 and the mafia team will lose $100 * living mafia players.

The Income Tax square will lead to a choice for the player that landed on it. Either that player will pay $200 or forfeit a power from his team. If a civ player cannot pay the $200 income tax, then a power will be RNG removed from the civ team. If mafia cannot pay the $200, they may select as a team which power to be removed from their team.

Super cool idea, but currently unworkable in our participation meta. You'll need to have a contingency for no-responses or just alter the setup to not require such quick interactino from players. E.g. roll for civs ahead of time (like, given along with their role PM) and give them an option to "purchase" their power during the day to be used that following night (so I roll in the role PM would provide an opportunity to purchase powers on Night 1, at which point the Mod could re-issue a roll in a PM sent night 1 to be used on the following night if the player "buys").

Here is my proposal for a Monopoly Mafia. Let me know what you guys think:

Monopoly Mafia

Start of Game

Each civ player starts with $1500. The whole mafia team will start with $1000 * the initial number of mafia members. When a mafia player dies, a $200 death tax will be applied to the mafia’s bank. On Night 0, the mafia will roll two dice three times and their average roll will be taken. At the same time, each civ player will roll the dice, the top and bottom rolls will be discarded, and the average will be taken. This will determine whether mafia rolls first or civs roll first. At the start of the game,

Gameplay

Once the order of rolling takes place, both civs and mafia will roll. Each property on the board contains a role or power of some sort, ranging anywhere from vanilla civ to role cop (not to say that role cop is the most powerful power in the game). All roles will be open to both mafia and civ players, though some roles will be adjusted slightly depending on which team gets said role (e.g., a civ GF makes no sense).

The civ that will roll the dice will be RNG’d each night, starting from Night 0. Civs will be allowed to roll the dice multiple times in one game, but will not be allowed to roll the dice on consecutive nights. Regardless of the civ player, the civ token will move from the previous player’s ending location. The mafia will roll the dice as a team. If the mafia purchase a role, it will be RNG’d to one of the members. A mafia member MAY receive RNG’d roles on consecutive turns.

If a double is rolled, that player may roll again. However, if three double rolls are rolled consecutively, that team’s token will be taken directly to Jail and all effects of Jail will be in effect immediately upon rolling the third double.

When a player lands on an unowned property, that player will have the option to purchase the property or not. The roles will roughly be laid out in ascending valued order, but this is not a hard and fast rule and is not necessarily going to be how each property will act. If the player chooses to purchase the property, they will be assigned the associated role that comes with it, usable the night following the purchase (i.e., a role earned Night 0 will be usable Night 1).

If a player from the opposing team lands on a square that the other team owns, there will be no rent involved, but the team that owns the square will be notified that the opposing team’s token landed on that square. This notification DOES extend to railroads and utilities.

Special Squares

When a team’s token passes GO, the team will be awarded money. For mafia, the whole team earns the $100 * number of living players. For civs, each player that rolled and spent money during that time around the board will earn $200.

If a team’s token ends its turn on the “Go To Jail” square, that team forfeits their next roll and has their night moves blocked for the night that the Go To Jail square was landed on. Their token will be moved to the Jail square, where it will remain until their next roll.

If a team’s token lands on Free Parking, they will earn an RNG’d amount of bonus cash. Potential bonuses are $50, $100, $200, $300, or $500. There is a 50% chance of $50, 20% chance of $100, 15% chance of $200, 10% chance of $300, and 5% chance of $500. All Free Parking RNG’s will have numbers 1-100 assigned to one of the possible bonuses, and then the number it lands on will give the bonus.

Railroads and Utilities will have a role associated with the whole of the squares, not individual squares. Earning multiple railroads or both utilities will increase the power and reach of the role. Both teams can own railroads and utilities at the same time.

Chance and Community Chest squares will allow the player that landed on the square to select a card. Chance cards have a much higher risk/reward for the player that lands on it, while Community Chest cards will give out small bonuses are inflict small penalties. I have come up with many scenarios for both sets of cards and each scenario will be assigned a number that will be RNG’d upon landing on the square. After a scenario has been RNG’d, it will be removed from the game until all scenarios for that set of cards have been exhausted. At this point, all scenarios will be put back in the game.

The Luxury Tax square will result in a $100 forfeiture of cash from the whole team that lands on it. That means each civ will lose $100 and the mafia team will lose $100 * living mafia players.

The Income Tax square will lead to a choice for the player that landed on it. Either that player will pay $200 or forfeit a power from his team. If a civ player cannot pay the $200 income tax, then a power will be RNG removed from the civ team. If mafia cannot pay the $200, they may select as a team which power to be removed from their team.

Looks great.

Full disclosure I didn't read past the 3rd word and won't

Pretty sure this is true.

False.
giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure I'm the mvp, did you see how well I drew the night 1 hit? Too much respect for my game to even let me play.

I hope Rommy's ok. He hasn't reappeared since I killed him and used his corpse for a marionette show... as himself.

Seriously, I hope he's ok.

I hope Rommy's ok. He hasn't reappeared since I killed him and used his corpse for a marionette show... as himself.

Seriously, I hope he's ok.

He's on vacation

Its like you people can't read

Yeah I said it. YOU PEOPLE

Back