• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

If God intended for Roy Moore not to hit on 14 year olds then he woulda made them get their periods at 18.

"Him liking and dating young girls was never a secret in Gadsden when we were all in high school," said Sheryl Porter. "In our neighborhoods up by Noccalula Falls we heard it all the time. Even people at the courthouse know it was a well-known secret.

"It's just sad how these girls (who accused Moore) are getting hammered and called liars, especially Leigh (Corfman)."

"As a Deputy DA in Gadsden when Roy Moore was there, it was common knowledge about Roy's propensity for teenage girls," she tweeted. "I'm appalled that these women are being skewered for the truth."

Tony Hathcock is a photographer in Gadsden who told CBS News that he's known Corfman well for five years and believes her. They are both very conservative Republican voters, he said, and both voted for Trump. He said she had nothing to gain from speaking out, but felt safe speaking out now because her children are now adults.

He said that growing up in Gadsden, he'd heard rumors about Moore. Last week, he posted on Facebook a defense of Corfman. He said that even as a middle-schooler in Gadsden he'd heard stories from people he knew about Moore's behavior making them uncomfortable.

The right wing media and/or local Republicans have pissed off some Alabamians.

From the New Yorker piece:

Gadsden’s current law-enforcement community could not confirm the existence of a mall ban on Moore. But two officers I spoke to this weekend, both of whom asked to remain unnamed, told me that they have long heard stories about Moore and the mall. “The general knowledge at the time when I moved here was that this guy is a lawyer cruising the mall for high-school dates,” one of the officers said. The legal age of consent in Alabama is sixteen, so it would not be illegal there for a man in his early thirties to date a girl who was, say, a senior in high school. But these officers, along with the other people I spoke to, said that Moore’s presence at the mall was regarded as a problem. “I was told by a girl who worked at the mall that he’d been run off from there, from a number of stores. Maybe not legally banned, but run off,” one officer told me. He also said, “I heard from one girl who had to tell the manager of a store at the mall to get Moore to leave her alone.”

The second officer went further. “A friend of mine told me he was banned from there,” he said. He added, “I actually voted for Moore. I liked him at one time. But I’m basically disgusted now, to be honest with you. Some of the things he’s said recently, I’ve changed my tune completely about this guy.” He went on, explaining why Moore no longer appeals to him. “When I heard what he said on ‘Hannity’ the other night,” he said, referring to an appearance Moore made on Sean Hannity’s radio show last Friday, “I almost stood straight up. The thing about how he’s never dated anybody without their mother’s permission, that appalled me. That made me want to throw up. Why would you need someone’s permission to date somebody? I’m probably gonna write in Luther Strange.”

George Will (on O’Donnell) says Jones may/will win—that we should trust Alabamans to do the honorable thing. And quit disrespecting the south.

George Will (on O’Donnell) says Jones may/will win—that we should trust Alabamans to do the honorable thing. And quit disrespecting the south.

Geez. I hope the full comments come off better than that.

Moore is anti-abortion because if you murder unborn babies, he can't molest them when they're teenagers.

It all makes sense now.

Roy Moore is going to win and it is going to be fascinating to see it happen. And by fascinating, I mean sad, unfortunate, crazy, ridiculous, and impossible other than in Alabama.

From a Democrat's perspective, if Doug Jones wins then he is just going to finish this term and then get trounced in the next senate election assuming the pubs run someone who is not an actual child molester. If Moore wins, then the damage he is going to do to the republican party and their brand could be catastrophic.

23517454_10210999628522181_476024425695540426_n.jpg

Back