• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

23517454_10210999628522181_476024425695540426_n.jpg

Lol

For the Democrats on the boards....do you want Moore to win this election? Seems it could potentially be more beneficial to your party long term.

For the Democrats on the boards....do you want Moore to win this election? Seems it could potentially be more beneficial to your party long term.

No. Don't want nut job pedophiles. There are enough Republican nut jobs out there and it doesn't help Dems. It would probably be more helpful for Alabama to have a Dem Senator for 2 years and hopefully learn that Dems aren't evil baby killers who hate America.

The problem with putting Moore in the Senate is if they expel him and the GOP governor replaces Moore immediately.

No, I would prefer to keep sexual predators of minors out of the Senate even if it potentially helps a political party long term.

What a ridiculous question.

No. People like Moore are harmful to our country and I care more about my country than a political party.

not a Democrat but i have a unique idea...let's have people actually smart enough, have experience and are not creeps or criminals in DC. those assholes that voted for Trump (who should not be in DC) has made it possible for these people to succeed.

I'm conflicted and see both sides, but I'll buck the trend and say yes just to be the contrarian. I believe Moore's presence in the senate could make it even more difficult for the Pubs to enact any of Trump's agenda, not that they're passing much of it as is. But I believe his presence would make it that much harder, which would prevent bad legislation from passing. And on top of that, he'd make McConnell's life a living hell, he'd help make DC more outrageous than it already is, and he'd be a good Dem fundraising tool. I'd rather Jones win outright, but if that's not going to happen, when I look at it from a utilitarian perspective, I'd rather have the nutjob blowhard than a delay that would eventually produce a more pliable Pub.

not a Democrat but i have a unique idea...let's have people actually smart enough, have experience and are not creeps or criminals in DC. those assholes that voted for Trump (who should not be in DC) has made it possible for these people to succeed.

The "creepers" have succeeded long before trump, and will continue long after he is gone. Trump was so brazen about it if anything it is exposing how slimy Washington is. Why do I have the feeling sexual abuse Hollywood is a minor leagues compared to whats happened in Washington.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/politics/sexual-harassment-congress/index.html

The female congresswoman who told CNN that she has been sexually harassed by her male colleagues numerous times said she believed there is little upside to speaking out.
"I need these guys' votes," she said. "In this body, you may be an enemy one day and a close ally the next when accomplishing something. ... So women will be very cautious about saying anything negative about any of their colleagues."
Is that depressing? "I think it's reality," she said.

So much of this is about exercising power.

The "creepers" have succeeded long before trump, and will continue long after he is gone. Trump was so brazen about it if anything it is exposing how slimy Washington is. Why do I have the feeling sexual abuse Hollywood is a minor leagues compared to whats happened in Washington.

although i agree, power attracks sexual abuse, but i think Trump has made it ok to fly your freak/creep flag. i mean people voted for him with 13 women claiming sexual assault, a rape allegation of a 13 year old, a dossier claiming sexual perversion and a tape of him saying that he can sexual harass married women and grab them in the pussy. i don't know what else to say...

creepy...
tenor.gif

super creepy...
"if Ivanka wasn't my daughter, I would be dating her."
kUwaU6.gif

Last edited:

While I don’t doubt for a second that there is rampant sexual harassment and abuse all over DC, not sure Moore and Trump are a good example of this being unique to Washington. This issue is more about people, almost always men, in power, be that nationally or in a small town.

While I don’t doubt for a second that there is rampant sexual harassment and abuse all over DC, not sure Moore and Trump are a good example of this being unique to Washington. This issue is more about people, almost always men, in power, be that nationally or in a small town.

Not that it in any way excuses it, but it's also being going on for a long, long time. David Halberstam's excellent book "The Fifties" talks about Senator Estes Kefauver of Tennessee, a relative liberal for the time (he opposed Joseph McCarthy when few other Senators, even Democrats, were willing to do so, and he was one of only a handful of Southern Senators to support some civil rights measures, which made him an outcast among other Southern Senators). However, Kefauver was also known as a chronic womanizer whose habit of groping women in Capitol Hill elevators led him to be nicknamed "The Claw". Of course, at the time none of his behavior ever became public knowledge. Around twenty years ago, I think Senator Bob Packwood did have his sexual harassment/assault allegations publicized - he apparently was quite "busy" in his Senate office with a variety of women (some consensual, some not). He also kept a diary of his "exploits", at least some of which was publicized. At long last this behavior is finally being exposed and publicized, both in DC and Hollywood. Hopefully it will lead to long-term changes (but, then again, maybe not).

Back