• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

Maybe she's trying to say "They've called everyone and they've got nothing" and that tweet cut it off? If he's innocent, she really shouldn't be worried. But from something else I've read, she seemed to be playing the "How dare the media invade our town and personal privacy!" card, which is a strange way to go. If I were innocent, I would want the help of the Washington Post to prove it. I guess when you don't trust the media though, you don't trust them to report the truth.

Idk, I just got myself all turned around trying to defend her reasoning.

Last edited:
Is the allegation that the signature is forged by someone based upon seeing the divorce paper signature or that it is lifted directly from it? It’s clearly not the latter

I'm not sure exactly what the controversy is, even after reading the Post article. It seems that Moore's team is arguing *not* that the signature or even the yearbook entry itself are faked, but that the date and the "D.A." bit were added later? So why all the confusion about divorce proceedings, etc.?

I'm not sure exactly what the controversy is, even after reading the Post article. It seems that Moore's team is arguing *not* that the signature or even the yearbook entry itself are faked, but that the date and the "D.A." bit were added later? So why all the confusion about divorce proceedings, etc.?

The lawyer claimed the woman was lying when she said she had no further contact with Moore because he was the judge assigned to her divorce. Except she and her husband never went before the judge because they decided to reconcile.

The lawyer is basically throwing whatever he can out there, muddying the waters and whatnot.

Thanks avalon.

But ok, guys, the boards has finally after twelve years found its way to discussing a topic on which I'm actually a certified expert. AMA on handwriting analysis, especially regarding the possibility of manipulation after half a century.

Is the allegation that the signature is forged by someone based upon seeing the divorce paper signature or that it is lifted directly from it? It’s clearly not the latter

I think, and some one can correct me if I am wrong, but, I think, the allegation that the signature is forged is based on bullshit.

Alabama’s governor is voting for the right and honorable Judge Moore.

I also have an ex-partner (business) from the same outfit who is equally crazy, but with a liberal viewpoint. They both post nothing but political "news".

They actually used to be good friends. Everyone had a nickname - they were Frick and Frack.

Thanks avalon.

But ok, guys, the boards has finally after twelve years found its way to discussing a topic on which I'm actually a certified expert. AMA on handwriting analysis, especially regarding the possibility of manipulation after half a century.

What about the sevens!?!?! Would someone just change the way they write 7's? If so, why? Is it even possible after so many years???

What about the sevens!?!?! Would someone just change the way they write 7's? If so, why? Is it even possible after so many years???

i actually did change how i write 7s in my mid 20s to adding the center crossbar

I made the same change in 1998!

To provide you guys with an anecdotal fact, not only have I also changed the way I write my sevens, I change how I write my sevens BASED ON THE CONTEXT.

ETA: for me, it's not the crossing bar. It's a serif!

But back to the topic, i don't even get wtf they're trying to say about these sevens. Are they saying because the sevens in the "Christmas 1977" don't match up with the sevens in the date in his signature that one of these was added years later by someone else? At least that argument makes sense, even if it is dumb. What's the "after so many years" argument?

To provide you guys with an anecdotal fact, not only have I also changed the way I write my sevens, I change how I write my sevens BASED ON THE CONTEXT.

ETA: for me, it's not the crossing bar. It's a serif!

I made the change to minimize data entry errors from field note books into computer spreadsheets. 7's written with a bar are less often confused with a 1 because some people write their one's with a little line at the top, like a 7 but not as long.

Back