• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just got a little inside scoop about last night.....

He's just not athletic enough to guard perimeter players. That's not the coaching staff's fault. He was good when he was playing in the paint and posting up. He obviously wont be able to do that, so he needed to play on perimeter. He just isn't as good at that. He is a really bad passer, and has been for years. All of his problems aren't on the coaching staff. Travis has to take some credit for that.

another downside to having lopsided classes. the soph's seem like they are very tight, which can be great, but in this case they seem to have more allegiance to themselves than they do to the team as a whole.

another downside to having lopsided classes. the soph's seem like they are very tight, which can be great, but in this case they seem to have more allegiance to themselves than they do to the team as a whole.

Bound to happen when the coach pumps them up to be his/the program's saviors ... then it turns out none of them are world-beaters, and hell, only a couple of them even belong in the ACC.

Bound to happen when the coach pumps them up to be his/the program's saviors ... then it turns out none of them are world-beaters, and hell, only a couple of them even belong in the ACC.

Not to mention Bz repeatedly talking about how Travis and his class were recruits of the previous regime and not his players.

If I'm a center who is 2nd in the league in turnovers and fouls and only 35th in offensive rebounding percentage, I would be careful about who I throw stones at.

A friend of mine busses tables at BLL Rotisserie Factory and overheard Buzz tell Odom that Wellman guaranteed him another year to turn things around.

that place is too damn small to even need a bussboy. unless the dishwasher does both. in which case we are getting our info from someone who can probably barely understand english. get the fuck out of here with this bullshit...

He's just not athletic enough to guard perimeter players. That's not the coaching staff's fault. He was good when he was playing in the paint and posting up. He obviously wont be able to do that, so he needed to play on perimeter. He just isn't as good at that. He is a really bad passer, and has been for years. All of his problems aren't on the coaching staff. Travis has to take some credit for that.

I'm not sure what team you're watching, but Travis is probably our best perimeter defender right now not named Madison. He doesn't have a lot of competition but that's not his fault.

He's also one of the more efficient players on the team in terms of A/TO. He's not a PG so I'm ok with him being an average passer.

Finally, it's very rich that Devin is calling our someone for sucking on defense. Devin redefines matador D and half-assed effort on the defensive end. Seriously, this kid needs to an attitude adjustment.

Dude made the worst mistake of his basketball life by letting Chill talk him into staying. I wish he had gone somewhere else and gotten out of the poisoned mess that Buzz has created here. He'd be in a much better place professionally, IMO.

Seriously. He should have left for VCU when he had the chance.

Very well said.

Through his 1st 2 years, I'd have to concur to an extent, though I'd say Devin just has an issue reining in his emotions, whereas Chas was frankly a chippy and dirty player. However I have a lot of hope that Devin will be able to harness his frustrations if we hire a good coach. He's spent the last 2 years under a coach who doesn't take ownership and responsibility for anything. Why wouldn't he and the team follow Buzzdick's and Wellman's lead and do the same?

The thing I liked about Chas was that he sometimes directed his angst/ire/chippiness toward players on the other team. (Also at that Clemson band dork.) Devin's angst/ire/chippiness is either directed A) at the refs, when they dare blow their whistle on him B) at air, in the direction of no one C) at his own fans or teammates in post-game interviews.

From what I've observed, Devin wouldn't have the stones to ignore DeMarcus Cousins in a pre-game intro the way Chas did, for better or worse.

Yeah, and who do you think gave it to Greg? Buzz.

And who do you think gave it to Buzz? My boy at BLL Rotisserie Factory.

Buzz goes in there pretty regularly for the half chicken platter, and my buddy who works there came over to his table a few weeks ago to say hi and clear away his plate. I guess he must've sniffled at the wrong time, because a few days later Buzz is sick as a dog, we lose a bunch of games, Wellman has to come up with new excuses to retain him for a fifth year, and now Chill is sick.

Does he ever get the Veal Piccata? It is the bomb. Had it on Valentine's Day.

Back