• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just got a little inside scoop about last night.....

I'm not sure what team you're watching, but Travis is probably our best perimeter defender right now not named Madison. He doesn't have a lot of competition but that's not his fault.

He's also one of the more efficient players on the team in terms of A/TO. He's not a PG so I'm ok with him being an average passer.

Finally, it's very rich that Devin is calling our someone for sucking on defense. Devin redefines matador D and half-assed effort on the defensive end. Seriously, this kid needs to an attitude adjustment.

He may be the best perimeter defender on our team, but that isn't saying much. And I haven't looked at his A/TO stats. (I'm glad they are positive compared to other players on the team. Also, not saying much, since we are not good this year as a team) But I do watch him make terrible passes multiple times per game. Its almost as if he doesn't even care what the defender is doing. He know what play they are running and knows he is supposed to make a pass to player x at spot x on the court, and he's going to do that. If there is a defender right there, so what.

Doesn't seem to be. Bunch of them gave him the finger when he was announced for homecoming court.

2566208-here_we_go_joker_ref_pic_by_sullen_skrewt.jpg

Doesn't seem to be. Bunch of them gave him the finger when he was announced for homecoming court.
Um yeah, I doubt that. I doubt that very much.

(Unless you're just trolling like everyone else in this thread. Sorry, I can't tell)

Last edited:
The "Super 7" or whatever kind of sound like shitheads. Which would be fine if they were better at basketball.
Seriously, who gave them the "Sensational 7" nickname? There's nothing sensational about them whatsoever.

Seriously, who gave them the "Sensational 7" nickname? There's nothing sensational about them whatsoever.

They gave it to themselves.

No idea how much the sophs dislike mckie or not. No idea if the finger or other stories are true. However based on the passive aggressive nature of their coach it certainly would not surprise me if they have picked up some of his... quirks.

They gave it to themselves.

No idea how much the sophs dislike mckie or not. No idea if the finger or other stories are true. However based on the passive aggressive nature of their coach it certainly would not surprise me if they have picked up some of his... quirks.

#assburgers

Pick up a rumor or better yet hearsay....or just plain old make-up something and ya got yourself a thread here. Run with it....imbellish it....twist it....and off we go most often for 80-90 comments.

The internet is a cool playground, isn't it ?

carry on.

I'm not sure there's a straightforward interpretation of giving the finger to someone you know. I've given the finger to many guys I like and respect. Sometimes among guys it's just a lot less awkward than a hug.

Pick up a rumor or better yet hearsay....or just plain old make-up something and ya got yourself a thread here. Run with it....imbellish it....twist it....and off we go most often for 80-90 comments.

The internet is a cool playground, isn't it ?

carry on.

I'd say for 75% of the posts on the thread the correct response is actually "mock it."

Not sure if the made up "giving the finger" story is an attempt at humor or not. Yes, the sophomores are extremely tight as a class. But that sense of unity also permeates throughout the whole team. Besides D Green, who doesn't go out on weekends, they all hang out together all the time. After last year's wins over NC State and Miami, the overwhelming feeling was "we got those for Travis". Bottom line, they're in his corner.

As far as calling each other out in the press, the sophomore class is on a level where that doesn't really matter. They hold each other accountable and there's no bitterness between any of them.

Wait, so a bunch of 3 stars started calling themselves the Sensational 7, even though none of them can shoot and hardly any of them can rebound? LOL

Not sure if the made up "giving the finger" story is an attempt at humor or not. Yes, the sophomores are extremely tight as a class. But that sense of unity also permeates throughout the whole team. Besides D Green, who doesn't go out on weekends, they all hang out together all the time. After last year's wins over NC State and Miami, the overwhelming feeling was "we got those for Travis". Bottom line, they're in his corner.

As far as calling each other out in the press, the sophomore class is on a level where that doesn't really matter. They hold each other accountable and there's no bitterness between any of them.

It is not a made-up story. It happened. It was unmistakable. Saw it with my own eyes.

ETA: might have just been one of them. I don't really remember the details as it was, what, 5 months ago. Didn't really think it was a huge deal at the time and still don't. Just disagrees with the "We got your back" narrative that you're spouting off.

Last edited:
Back