• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kameron Uter commits to the DEACS!

This is our first 4* in this class (at least as listed on ESPN). For comparison Duke has 3, UNC has 4, and NCSU has 5 in this class. I'm encouraged that Claw was able to bring Uter over from Vandy. Hopefully our recruiting will improve drastically under Clawson in the coming years.

Dorean and Clawson and their staffs will make it a lot harder SEC guys to come in and out recruit WF and NCSU over the coming years. Nice pick up for you guys.

For those unaware, Uter is also an elite baseball prospect, and will play in college. The one fly in the ointment would be for Uter's baseball skills (he is a pitcher/OF, and throws hard) to blow up this Spring and for an MLB team to offer him a tasty bonus. On the flip side, Uter is a really good student, and academics are a priority (the same was true for Jason Heyward).

Yeah, Uter seems like a guy who could command a 300k signing bonus based purely on his potential. Yikes.

For those unaware, Uter is also an elite baseball prospect, and will play in college. The one fly in the ointment would be for Uter's baseball skills (he is a pitcher/OF, and throws hard) to blow up this Spring and for an MLB team to offer him a tasty bonus. On the flip side, Uter is a really good student, and academics are a priority (the same was true for Jason Heyward).
Yeah, this scares me. A lot.

even if he's offered a 300k bonus, he would probably still come to Wake. Most kids who care anything about academics (Uters final 3 was WF, Vandy, and Northwestern) try to get around a 1million$ bonus before they forgo college for the pros.

[Redacted],

This is how college recruiting should occur.

Clawson

Awesome. Clawson is such a bro.

I can only imagine how another certain head coach would botch using twitter, but I don't want to bring this thread down.

I think we should be VERY thankful that he stepped down when he did. Wake was really able to get a jump on the coaching search and secure a top target.

#moregoodnewscoming, #teaser,

pikeman%20web.jpg

I think we should be VERY thankful that he stepped down when he did. Wake was really able to get a jump on the coaching search and secure a top target.

I think he was referring to [Redacted], not Grobe.

Incidentally, some of the tags are funny. Especially my two. Others? Need work.

Probably so, but it applies to both. Grobe doesn't strike me as a Twitter guy.

Certainly. But Grobe is smart enough to have someone handle that for him. [Redacted] would probably get Alec Baldwin or similar such moron to handle it.

Doesn't FSU have a football player that also plays baseball? How is that working out for them?

Back