• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Oh look, Man U is still mid-table mediocre. Guess it wasn't all about Moyes after all. I remember someone saying that a while back. Obvious to all now, the new man couldn't do any more with almost the same group of players than Moyes did. Ferguson just hung Moyes out to dry.

Sprited game between two plucky but undermanned sides. I think both are safe from the drop though.

Good way to get your team comfortable though, switching formations after 45 minutes and playing a winger as one fullback and a central defender/defensive mid as the other. Bold strategy, Cotton. Also particularly enjoyed Rooney exuding class via the field mike. Maybe Man U should have hired Garry Monk.

Well I wouldn't want to change the tone from the match result...also so predictable. Man U still terrible in midfield, mediocre in defense. Don't look top 4 even if they do buy a defender and a midfielder. Can't imagine that match is going to help their recruitment efforts.

"Come play for us, we don't have European football, we finished 7th last year, both our captain and managers are complete twats and you'll probably hate being on a team with either one, and we just lost at home to a Welsh club!"

Another good game between two plucky underfunded midtable sites. You can see they just don't have the resources to get the best talent in certain positions but they give it their all. A road point is important in the battle to avoid relegation.

Class act too by the visitors to wear a uniform resembling the dress pants of the United States Marine Corps, honoring them for cleaning up British messes since 1775. But why did they let that fat pitch invader wear a captain's armband the whole game?

Hopefully Chicharito can get a move to a contending team rather than wasting himself at a midtable club. Maybe Hull City in their European games, or a designated player for Chivas USA.

Hope Chris Smalling is ok and was able to sprint off his "hamstring injury." I thought maybe they called to tell him his house was on fire.

Alternate Chris Smalling theory.

Paterno%20816_0.jpg

4-0 to MK Dons. Wow. Not even I could have dreamed up that one.

I mean there's nothing I can even say that's worse than the real thing. The only thing I can imagine is that Van Gaal went to his back line and said "look, I really don't want to win this. So just kick it around a bit and then give it away for them. If we win, you're all getting transferred to Accrington Stanley." Mission accomplished, boss! Another record for Van Gaal.

It really just feels like making fun of developmentally challenged kids to go much further. Clearly it's down to the lack of investment in the club compared to free-spending MK Dons, which clearly is connected with Italian organized crime.

One can only hope that the most expensive signing in British history can help start to make up for the skinflint ways of the past when money was spent in insignificant chunks of just 30 million pounds or so.

(You got a chart for that to share with your twitteristas?)

So apparently Joe Allen is worth at least 2 1/2 Tom Cleverleys. Pretty much what I always thought. Funny that Allen was apparently the second choice to Vidal as well considering my view that Vidal is overrated and that Allen could do most of what Vidal does, and the rest Liverpool doesn't have a problem with.

That's all for now, gotta go watch the Champions League draw. Hope Liverpool draws Barcelona, that would be a hugely publicized game.

Real Madrid, same difference. Always likely to be a Spanish team, might as well be the big dog.

No, he's going to avoid this thread all year.

But that's fine because in about a week I'll be too busy to care.

The question in the CL thread whether DV is going to avoid that thread all year.

Love the draw. One huge matchup that will have the eyes of the world on Anfield, and an overall manageable draw. Ludogorets game may not even be in Bulgaria.

If you rearrange the letters in Ludogorets you get "good result". So that has to be an omen, right?

Ludogorets apparently to play in Sofia. Bucharest would actually have been closer, but obviously not the same country. 43k capacity for a club that has a home ground of 6-8k. Seems like a good opportunity to take Fortress Anfield on the road.

Greater Manchester: turning stereotyped punchlines into reality.

Children in Greater Manchester among highest rates of tooth decay
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/health/revealed-half-5-year-olds-oldham-salford-6080584

In other news, Manchester United has drawn local rival FC United of Manchester in the Greater Manchester Cup. Man U is thought to have a good chance to progress in the competition, as favored Manchester City has dropped out to concentrate on the Capital One Cup and Champions League. FC United and Man U have in common that neither of those competitions will trouble their endeavors.

Glen-Johnson-10vs14.png

Dani-Alves-2011.png

Found out at 24 indeed. Johnson used to be an excellent fullback. Fullbacks age at closer to the rate of strikers than central defenders (30 is way past prime for most).

Tom Cleverley is just not and never has been a good football player. It will be incredible and a terrific indictment of a club if anyone pays actual money to sign him. Very little difference between him and Jay Spearing except for the Man U hype machine.

Since we know how much interest there is here in Man U youth and reserve results, I'll go ahead and report that Liverpool U18 thrashed Man U U-18, 4-0. Four different goal scorers underscores the dominance of the Liverpool side, and Sergi Canos assisted 3 of the 4 goals.

Back