• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Bama's better, what a shock, but not by as much as people thought. WVU was in the game with about a B- quality performance. So many dropped passes.

Blake Sims did well but he's going to face defenses that will challenge him a lot more. WVU seemed to be happy to take away the big play and give up the short pass, which to Sims' credit he generally took. Bama as a whole is going to have to improve a LOT to win the SEC this year.

If you want to see field goals, find a Bama game...christ, even had Dana settling for them. Dana was a lot more subdued and orthodox in general, hopefully just because they were playing a team with so much talent.

There are only so many super athletic guys that weigh 300+ pounds in the country, and the programs with the most bling (and beyond) are the ones that usually get them. That's what so much of the sport comes down to, unfortunately, who has the better fat guys. WVU's are better than they have been, I think, but inexperienced and still getting it together. Bama's are almost without fail extremely good.

There, there's my football discussion, for whoever it was that mentioned it earlier. Trickett was great, guys he was throwing to, not so much. Kinda weird how Dana hasn't been able to recruit great WRs, and has been able to recruit a pile of good RBs.

Henry is a beast. WVU scrappier than people gave them credit for. I want Holgo to stick, he's one of the entertaining ones.

Pretty much everyone in Bama's running game is a beast. Been a big Yeldon admirer since his FR year. Not the biggest guy but runs like he is. Seems a good person too. Also went to the same HS at Pat White. :)

I think most WVU fans expect this team to be significantly better than the last, which wasn't good but also had a lot of adversity and just didn't have the depth to pull through. They didn't have the depth against Bama either, but not many outside the SEC West do. Just hope whoever fed the wide receivers corn on the cob before the game is fired. Butterfingers.

Dana's definitely a different bird, though he seems to be mellowing a bit probably because he's a bit more afraid of losing his job.

Greater Manchester: turning stereotyped punchlines into reality.

Children in Greater Manchester among highest rates of tooth decay
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/health/revealed-half-5-year-olds-oldham-salford-6080584

In other news, Manchester United has drawn local rival FC United of Manchester in the Greater Manchester Cup. Man U is thought to have a good chance to progress in the competition, as favored Manchester City has dropped out to concentrate on the Capital One Cup and Champions League. FC United and Man U have in common that neither of those competitions will trouble their endeavors.
Mobile rep

Boy, that was fun. Two most entertaining teams in the league by far, neither one stops moving and pressing and asking questions all over the pitch. And 12 million for Moreno ... wow.

Since we so often get news here on the doings of Manchester United alumni, I wanted to make sure to share that Nemanja Vidic received a straight red card and gave away a penalty (separate plays) for Inter -- his 7th red card since 2008, and probably would have been more if he hadn't been injured for almost all of one season and half of another in that time.

Did someone tell him that he was playing Liverpool?

Last one for a while...pretty informative chart of last year's top 7 against a par system in which road games vs. top 12 are par 1, and all other games are par 3. To make par in all games would be 90 points, assumed to be enough to win the league. For top 4, the target is 71, though that wouldn't have gotten it done last year.

Man U and Everton are already under the gun, having dropped more points vs. par than City or Liverpool did in total last season, and only 4 fewer than Arsenal dropped. Man U doesn't have a par 1 game until match 10! That's how easy a start the league gave them! Maybe the easiest start in PL history. But the downside is because of their underperformance, they cannot possibly get back to a 90+ point clip until game 15, and that would require beating City and Arsenal away, Chelsea and Everton home, all between games 7 and 12. So good luck with that.

Can't take credit for this system, wish I could. It was invented by a RAWK poster.

3kTCiG9.png

Why is last year's standings built into the "Par 1s". I don't think anyone would say Crystal Palace is a difficult fixture this year. Seems like it should be based off the current top 12, which would mean it changes week to week.

Why is last year's standings built into the "Par 1s". I don't think anyone would say Crystal Palace is a difficult fixture this year. Seems like it should be based off the current top 12, which would mean it changes week to week.

I didn't make it, so I don't know, but it seems like it would really overcomplicate things for limited additional value. It shouldn't much matter if you choose to switch a couple of teams, but it's mainly just a way to seeing how teams are really performing in a somewhat schedule-independent way. It might be a bit more true to life if only the top 6 road games were par 1, but then you don't get to 90 which is the main point of the thing.

Heck it might be speculative to say Everton and Man U are going to be top 7, but it's an assumption that's being made.

Here's what the full season looked like last year. I don't think making par 1 dynamic would have made much difference.

Pp9FdwW.jpg

The point of bringing this here was really only to show just how far off the pace Everton and Man U, already. They basically are already more than a 1/3 of the way to being out of likely top 4 contention with the points they've dropped, though obviously closer examination shows Everton's dropped points a lot less shocking (Arsenal and Chelsea at home to go with Leicester). It's usually more useful in a few more games, but for teams that far underwater it's pretty useful to see now.

Man U hosts Everton in game 7, and Everton has road games against WBA, Liverpool and Man U in their next 4.

Since we so often get news here on the doings of Manchester United alumni, I wanted to make sure to share that Nemanja Vidic received a straight red card and gave away a penalty (separate plays) for Inter -- his 7th red card since 2008, and probably would have been more if he hadn't been injured for almost all of one season and half of another in that time.

Did someone tell him that he was playing Liverpool?

He was sent off for clapping a bad decision.

http://dbtv.no/3760111305001#Denne_hånlige_gesten_ga_Vidic_direkte_rødt

One of the most ridiculous decisions by a referee that you will ever see.

70+ million pounds a year to allow some company to make our shirts. 50+ million pounds a year to allow some company to have their logo on our shirts. Angel Di Maria and Radamel Falcao signed in one transfer window.

Not bad for a mid table club.

Falcao is a classic Knicks/Yankees overpay-for-a-past-his-prime-big-name move. It's just too bad we can't all get the humor of seeing Man U and Woodward have to operate within a salary cap. Would make the Knicks look shrewd, would almost certainly be relegated if not worse. And even though the Falcao move is being reported as a loan, his agent and others are saying that's just to get around FFP and it's a permanent move, meaning they'll almost certainly be eating wages into his 30s.

It's really absolutely stunning how poor their player personnel moves have been. Even the "good" ones are like setting money on fire. I don't blame the Glazers for taking profits, no one seems to value the money anyway.

I was hopeful Liverpool wouldn't end up making the Falcao mistake out of desperation and glad they haven't.

What I would wonder if I was a Man U supporter (and thank God I'm not, I rather enjoy having a soul), is "why the hell did this all take so long?" If Man U can sign a player in a day like Van Gaal said, why the hell didn't they sign them 30-40 days ago?

The truly stunning thing is that it appears Real Madrid has chosen Chicharito over Falcao. When even Real Madrid won't burn enough money to bring a guy in, what does that say?

The very idea that the Glazers will finally reinvest into the squad with the revenue's the club earns instead of putting the money in their own pockets at obscene levels should scare the fuck out of everyone that isn't a United supporter.

And this is before United bring in over 120 million each season because of our kits. Insanity.

Back