• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Oh, and there's no argument.

Man U fans = most arrests in 2011, multiple racial incidents, bandwagon jumpers before City fans were the bandwagon jumpers.

Liverpool fans = less than 1/4 of the arrests, the most loyal fans in England that have stayed with the club in force.

I bet Poyet gets a very nice reception when Brighton comes to Anfield in the next round. He stuck his neck out because it was the right thing to do when he had no reason to do it. He didn't have to at all. He could have stayed quiet and played along like the media have. But he didn't, and I expect that will be appreciated by the Kop.

I like Brighton and think it would be a cool place to visit. My best friend's family lives like an hour from it, so I imagine I will someday if I want to. Seems like a place where everyone's just chill and does their thing. Too bad Liverpool has to knock them out of another competition.

dv7 gets pissed his team loses and then goes after the fans. same story different day.

Pretty much. But he denied that Man U fans chanted and sang about Hillsborough when they did. It wasn't a twitter rumor, I read it all over the place on the day.

But most of the English media is in Fergie's pocket and what isn't is focused on London, so no surprise that the stories were this one idiot fan and Carroll supposedly being offered to City for Tevez (do people actually believe this shit?), not that Liverpool just knocked out both Manchester sides inside of 72 hours or that 5,000 Man U fans behaved like idiots.

But DV asked for an independent source. So how much more independent can you get than a paper from outside England called the Independent?

Yeah DV, I'd ignore this thread now too if I was you, and I will now thank God I am not.

And it is hilarious to claim the media, full of former Liverpool players, is somehow anti-Liverpool. Amazingly absurd.

Gotta score this weekend for the Angre.

And Wednesday night as well. Just a great 3 days. The excitement of it couldn't be replicated in a PL setup...the finality of it -- win or go out -- that made it just riveting.

You have to be feeling good about the 5th round draw for Everton as well. Looks good for most of the contending clubs, though never feel good about playing the smaller clubs away and Stoke and Spurs are both playing confident clubs that have had a lot of success the past few years, and this year as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Merseyside Derby final, as long as Liverpool wins, of course.

Lol at arguing over fan bases that live on another continent. I need to check this thread more often.

Lol at arguing over fan bases that live on another continent. I need to check this thread more often.

Eh there wasn't much on it for a while...only resurrected for how stunningly stupid it made DV look. Two guys he thinks are terrible combining to score past the prevaricate one and put Man U out of cup competition for the year. Too great to pass up.

I normally hate the whole whose fans are worse shit too, but considering the circumstances it can hardly be avoided. Media focusing on one dumbass when there were thousands happily singing about dead Liverpool fans. And then when I bring that up I get cursed at and called a liar?

Still haven't seen an apology for that now that I've produced an independent source. Not surprised. Complete lack of consistency is one of DVs most enduring (lack of) qualities.

And you don't apologize for defending a man that has been proven to have spoken racially charged words to another player.

I'm sorry that some United supporters apparently sang that stupid and vile Hillsborough song, but I make no apologies towards you.

And that is still only one source from a writer I'm not familiar with, I would have thought such tasteless songs would get more attention. But maybe not considering many supporters from many clubs chant "Munich" when they play United and that is hardly ever mentioned as well.

But again, if the chants were sung then that is detestable and I'm embarrassed that those idiots support the same club that I do.

Have you guys heard what Jim Rome thinks of soccer? Sometimes when I see arguing like this I can see where he is coming from.

And you don't apologize for defending a man that has been proven to have spoken racially charged words to another player.

That has not a thing to do with falsely accusing me of lying and cursing at me in the process because I said something that was true about songs and chants that had NOTHING to do with Luis Suarez. Been going on long before Suarez was railroaded.

I'm sorry that some United supporters apparently sang that stupid and vile Hillsborough song, but I make no apologies towards you.

Obviously.

And that is still only one source from a writer I'm not familiar with, I would have thought such tasteless songs would get more attention.

Oh, because you're not familiar with it, it doesn't count? Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the concept of bias in the media. Well...I'm a Paul supporter, so I'm certainly not. It makes complete sense to me that the British media would bury that story. The Irish Independent is the largest paper in Ireland. It's not the Sanford Citizen.

And the fact is you called me a liar and then I proved I wasn't lying. Most decent people would apologize in that instance. I can't say I'm surprised that you won't...draw your own conclusions.

Have you guys heard what Jim Rome thinks of soccer? Sometimes when I see arguing like this I can see where he is coming from.

I could not give a shit less what Jim Rome thinks about anything.

Back