• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Katz: Time for these programs to climb out of mediocrity

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
#1 on the list?......

Wake Forest
The Demon Deacons stuck with Jeff [Redacted] for a fourth season after winning just 13 games in each of the past two seasons. Transfers have become all too common in the program. There was progress last season: winning six conference games, beating ACC champ Miami and knocking off NC State. But the Demon Deacons couldn't win on the road. Climbing out of the bottom third will be even tougher this year with the additions of Syracuse, Pitt and Notre Dame, not to mention the forthcoming switch of Maryland for Louisville. Wake Forest athletic director Ron Wellman and [Redacted] are good friends. Wellman put his stake in [Redacted] and has to see this through. Now is the time for the Demon Deacons to make a move to ensure that the rocky road was worth the wait. The Wake Forest fan base is one of the most passionate in the league. It's a shame that it hasn't had the opportunity to create a feared, frenzied atmosphere like the one it had less than 10 years ago.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ome-notable-schools-trying-capture-lost-magic

Joining us on this illustrious list are Nebraska, West Virginia, Seton Hall, Utah, Georgia, and Houston.

It was nice of Andy to call us "mediocre". Very kind indeed.

He can't quit us.

Our athletic department needs to keep sending him some free crap or guarantee his kid (future kid?) admissions or something.

Not like he'd want to wear it, just need to send him some free shit for being so kind.

Our athletic department needs to keep sending him some free crap or guarantee his kid (future kid?) admissions or something.

Not like he'd want to wear it, just need to send him some free shit for being so kind.

You must be joking. Our Athletic Department is, right now, adding Katz's name to the "banned media" list and probably trying to get his kid(s) expelled from whatever school they attend. We're talking about "All is Well" Wake.

The rest of the programs on that list are more or less "permanently mediocre".

Over the last 25 years Wake has consistently been much better than anyone else on that list.

Did Katz include that sentence about Wellman and [Redacted] being "good friends" just to troll Wellman?

In my best Jim Mora voice, "What's that? Uh, mediocrity?! Don't talk about mediocrity! You kidding me?! Mediocrity? I just hope we can win a game."

One of Katz' friends really needs to step in and tell him that we are just jerks and will never change. He doesn't deserve this abuse. He can do better. Time for a clean break.

I don't think any media member in America would be happier to see Wake return to relevance than Andy. He's definitely stuck with Wake through this entire fiasco.

What is it with him and us? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate it but there has to be something there.

Saw him at CLT with Greenburg and asked him about Wake...hell yeah he is still in our corner.

2cc85l.jpg

He failed to mention the new Culture..."Oh Heavens Yes"

Saw Katz outside of Cameron while in line for a game back in 2001 or 2002, soon after he got started at ESPN. I accused him of West Coast bias and told him "don't sleep on the Deacs." He said he didn't expect to run into a Wake fan outside of Cameron.

I think he took it too literally.

It was nice of Andy to call us "mediocre". Very kind indeed.

He can't quit us.

So we have achieved Mediocrity? I don't think so. It will take AT LEAST one more year for Buzz to attain even the bottom tier of mediocrity...

Back