• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keep Randolph as assistant!

Chase just wasn't athletic enough to play at ACC level. Some pretty good players have come out of the coal mines

Dude Rondale didn't even have an ESPN page until [Redacted] signed him.

Perhaps I am wfu22fan after all Even my license plate He made my life happier for 5 great years I watched Chill, Tim and Odom cut down the nets after he broke ankles and put up 107 in 3 magical days. I would like to keep him around

How about we let our new coach pick his own assistants? Just a thought...

Look at the other coaching staffs in the country. The third assistant at the vast majority of those programs has very little experience. While I believe Manning should be allowed to hire whoever he wants, the fact is whoever gets that third slot is not going to be much different in quality than what Childress brings to the table.

Dude Rondale didn't even have an ESPN page until [Redacted] signed him.

Duh, I know that. It's been well chronicled . At least the guy gives us another option at 2G next year . We had struck out with everyone else. I hope he proves the scouting services wrong The WV sportswriters think he is pretty good and have for 3 straight years

Perhaps I am wfu22fan after all Even my license plate He made my life happier for 5 great years I watched Chill, Tim and Odom cut down the nets after he broke ankles and put up 107 in 3 magical days. I would like to keep him around

I was just telling someone what that tournament was like. He was electric, might be one of my most enjoyable in person moments as a fan prior to my enrollment.

I was just telling someone what that tournament was like. He was electric, might be one of my most enjoyable in person moments as a fan prior to my enrollment.

You are a young guy, obviously. I am 56 and graduated in 1981(and law '84). I was too young to recall anything about the last ACC title in 1962, but I knew it had been 30 plus years since we had won. And we won the next year and haven't won since (18 years) so that ACC title was VERY special . Randolph's performance and beating UNC made it even more special . The GBoro Coliseum was definitely electric that afternoon. I know I'll cherish that day as long as I live .

Look at the other coaching staffs in the country. The head coach at the vast majority of those programs has a good amount of experience. While I believe Manning should be allowed to hire whoever he wants, the fact is whoever gets that third slot should be higher in quality than what Childress brings to the table.

Fixed.

One of the other issues is that he is not bringing in a super-experienced staff. I really hope he can utilize the Self/Brown coaching trees and get some more experience. I have heard great things about Ballard FWIW.

How about we let our new coach pick his own assistants? Just a thought...

Please. Let's (us being Wellman) stop fucking around, with and up the program and PLEASE give the poor man a chance to hire his own staff and allow him to do his job.

If Manning doesn't work out, so be it. But, please give the guy a chance and LEAVE HIM ALONE to do what he feels is required to accomplish his job.

I think Manning's name brings instant credibility to Wake hoops and I have no doubt he has networking capabilities that can benefit his assistant coaching search greatly.
He'll also be one HUGE breath of fresh air walking into some kid's living room. If nothing else, our recruiting just got a hell of a lot better.

But, please, let's (again, Wellman) allow the guy to do his job.

Please. Let's (us being Wellman) stop fucking around, with and up the program and PLEASE give the poor man a chance to hire his own staff and allow him to do his job.

If Manning doesn't work out, so be it. But, please give the guy a chance and LEAVE HIM ALONE to do what he feels is required to accomplish his job.

I think Manning's name brings instant credibility to Wake hoops and I have no doubt he has networking capabilities that can benefit his assistant coaching search greatly.
He'll also be one HUGE breath of fresh air walking into some kid's living room. If nothing else, our recruiting just got a hell of a lot better.

But, please, let's (again, Wellman) allow the guy to do his job.

Contract provides that all of current staff stays and Bzz will be director of scouting

Didn't you start something like this yesterday? Manning should come in here and bring his guys. Why do you want anyone that was associated with the past to still be here?

Only read the first two posts of this thread.

This post hits the nail on the head.

Part of the LOWF mentality is keeping all of our former greats around on payroll without success. Did Childress help the program in any tangible way so that he would be missed if gone? Let's get rid of the stench of Bzz and past losing. Root for him to take a small time HC job and kill it there.

What's false? That most head coaches have a decent amount of experience?

What's false? That most head coaches have a decent amount of experience?

Is that what you "corrected" in my post? No.

That the third assistant on your average third assistant on a college staff brings more to the table i.e. experience than Childress does. They simply don't. Most are former players that are fresh off a short stint playing pro ball or serving as DOBO for their schools.

That the third assistant on your average third assistant on a college staff brings more to the table i.e. experience than Childress does. They simply don't. Most are former players that are fresh off a short stint playing pro ball or serving as DOBO for their schools.

You need to read it again then.

"the fact is whoever gets that third slot should be higher in quality than what Childress brings to the table."

Chill would have been fine if Rusty wasn't the 2nd assistant. For as much as folks are ragging on whether Chill is a competent assistant (myself included), he is Dave Odom compared to Rusty LaRue. With a good head coach and second assistant, I think Chill would have been fine. Unfortunately, that just doesn't seem like it will work too well during the Manning-era.

You need to read it again then.

"the fact is whoever gets that third slot should be higher in quality than what Childress brings to the table."

Correcting posts is such annoying message board thing to do.

The part you're quoting is not true for third assistants. Whether you think it "should" be true or not.

I will look this up as soon as I get a chance but I bet you are wrong. Childress has 2 years experience as an AC under the worst coach in wake forest history. I have to imagine that the 3rd assistants in the ACC bring a lot more to the table than that.

I will look this up as soon as I get a chance but I bet you are wrong. Childress has 2 years experience as an AC under the worst coach in wake forest history. I have to imagine that the 3rd assistants in the ACC bring a lot more to the table than that.

I didn't narrow it to just the ACC though.

Back