• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keep the tournament out of Greensboro

You all that had their teachers wheel in TVs for the Friday games are lucky -- my teachers just skipped class and left us with old ass substitutes.

On a somewhat related note, whole books of ACC tournament tickets for this week are widely available right now for $100.

No wai!!!

Atlanta ia such a travel destination. You mean there aren't hundreds of thousands of fans flocking the city to see the World of Coke? Or the 900 different streets named Peachtree something?

To the one tag- I'd go if it was in Anchorage, I have a free place to stay :noidea:

Put it in Charlotte every year. It's not like it's gonna be a CIAA type crowd there, in fact, it will be exactly the opposite. Problem solved.

No wai!!!

Atlanta ia such a travel destination. You mean there aren't hundreds of thousands of fans flocking the city to see the World of Coke? Or the 900 different streets named Peachtree something?

And they have decent hotels and restaurants!

Greensboro is literally built for the ACCT. It carves up way better than arenas designed and built for one ACC team. The area around it is terrible, but there is plenty of room for tailgating.

What I don't get is why anyone from Wake or MD would care where the tourney is for the foreseeable future. Or anyone from BC, GT or VT for that matter. This year they should just have FSU and Dick face off for the right to play UNC - that's it.

But yeah, for future years and to the extent the ACC becomes watchable again, DC, Atlanta, Charlotte and Greensboro should be the locations.

30.4 mi from Wake
54.8 mi from Duke
54.2 mi from UNC-CH
77.2 mi from State
144 mi from VPI
181 mi from UVA
220 mi from Clemson

Find a site with a coliseum that is closer to more ACC schools

Adjust your sarcasm metter.

If Greensboro gets axed do they move the Hall of Fame and museum to Charlotte? Who paid for that? Anyone know?

A big time sporting event in ATL not sold out? Shocking.

I have always been a fan of the Braves but will admit Atlanta is a horrible sports town. The only thing Atlanta residents get excited about is Georgia Bulldogs football. They couldn't careless about the ACC, Braves, Hawks, Falcons, etc.

Adjust your sarcasm metter.

Considering the thread, the fact that the size of the coliseum had already been called into question, and the truth behind the lack of amenities in Greensboro, I'd say that you'd need to adjust your attempt at sarcasm before I adjust whatever a metter is.

It would be kinda cool to throw NYC in the mix with 'Cuse and Pitt coming over but other than that they may as well leave it in GSO.

When the ACC is actually a good conference, it shouldn't matter where the tournament is. Greensboro is a great place to have it because lots of fans can get there with a short trip and it is not outrageous to pay for meals and rooms. This isn't a bowl game, it is a tournament with 11 basketball games to go to. The better the games the better the tourny. Could give a shit about entertainment around town. Take a summer vacation.

#marylandfansaredooshes

Out of 96 hours, basketball games take up 5 hours per two game session (2 Th, 2 Fri, 1 Sat) with two teams plus an additional 2 hours for the championship. Toss in an extra hour and thats 28 hours. Add in three nights sleep and thats 52 hours total. Theres still another 44 hours to account for.

Point is, it is way more of an issue that our conference looks like the SoCon with two good teams added than where we hold the tournament. Aside from the BCS games, bowl games are just an excuse to travel to a cool town and party...better your team, the better the destination. ACC tourny has never been that way, it used to be for the championship of the premier league in the country. GSO offers the best coliseum atmosphere because the people who care most about the tournament can get there. If the league continues to be full of shitty teams with shitty coaches (we are one of the worst offenders), it won't really matter where you hold it, nobody cares.

Back