• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

felt like as the season went on we missed walker progressively more. poor RB play was a real weakness down the stretch.

maybe marshall will transfer to MSU

Watch the man score a TD from the 10 yard line all on his own..
https://youtu.be/JREPZ6J5igM

And these quick highlights...
https://youtu.be/2J4S7ewLh9U

Great memories. My vote for best RB in Wake history....and I saw Hopkins, McDougal, Gaines, and Barclay...

I'm not as sore at Walker for transferring as some and I think he may be the most skilled we've ever had, but only a true Deac will get my vote as best in Wake hisotry. Give me Barclay or McDougal as the best ever. Michael Ramseur didn't play on great teams, but he was damn good too. He and Topper Clemmons made one heck of a backfield.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but the way our O works with the mesh point and delayed handoffs...we really need a RB who can run between tackles and gain yardage after contact. KWIII is elite at both. CBS and Ellison in particular did fine this year, but hard not to think if we had Ken that we might have had a different season. He's that good and a lot of us were saying that last year when he wasn't our feature back. Still hate that he left.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but the way our O works with the mesh point and delayed handoffs...we really need a RB who can run between tackles and gain yardage after contact. KWIII is elite at both. CBS and Ellison in particular did fine this year, but hard not to think if we had Ken that we might have had a different season. He's that good and a lot of us were saying that last year when he wasn't our feature back. Still hate that he left.

KWIII is a special talent and I certainly wish he had not transferred but what games would Wake have won if KWIII was here this past season?

UNC - maybe but it wouldn't have changes the outcome of the season. Wake still played in the ACC championship game and lost to Pitt. Not sure whether he would have made a difference in the Pitt game.

I mean who knows and maybe it wouldn't have made a difference...we've had a great season and don't want to take anything away from any of the current players. We also still have a big bowl game remaining with guys that wanted to be here for it. KWIII opted out and effectively left the team last season with games left to be played, so all of this is somewhat moot.

With that said, we became one dimensional against UNC and Pitt. Having an elite RB in the backfield for both of those games I think turns the tide.

I mean who knows and maybe it wouldn't have made a difference...we've had a great season and don't want to take anything away from any of the current players. We also still have a big bowl game remaining with guys that wanted to be here for it. KWIII opted out and effectively left the team last season with games left to be played, so all of this is somewhat moot.

With that said, we became one dimensional against UNC and Pitt. Having an elite RB in the backfield for both of those games I think turns the tide.

This is what I was waiting to hear. My conclusion as well. We could have easily been the talk of college football. What a monster O, the likes of which would never have been seen before. A back and 3 receivers who could take it to the house at any given moment.

Yes, I think we go undefeated and are one of the 4 playing for the national title.

I watched a lot of Kenny Pickett and a lot of KWIII and the fact that Pickett got to NY and KWIII didn’t blew my mind.

Having a healthy Beal-Smith would have helped us hold on against UNC.

You guys are awesome. Wake had one of the greatest seasons in program history but you’re hungry for more. Awesome.

But, More than an amazing running back, we needed a defense.

KWIII is a special talent and I certainly wish he had not transferred but what games would Wake have won if KWIII was here this past season?

UNC - maybe but it wouldn't have changes the outcome of the season. Wake still played in the ACC championship game and lost to Pitt. Not sure whether he would have made a difference in the Pitt game.

He’s the best running back in college, of course he would have helped.

Wake would have probably only won 7 games this year if we had KW3.

I saw CBS make some monster blocks this year. That counts, particularly in a mesh offense.

If KWIII had stuck around and learned/been willing to do some decent blocking, he could have made a difference in the games Wake lost. A home run threat in the backfield changes what the D does.

Demond Claiborne not signing with us... opening up recruitment and deciding in Feb.

Sucks...

But, More than an amazing running back, we needed a defense.

If we had a heisman quality linebacker that would have helped more than a heiasman quality running back. Should have held out for more in return when we traded KWIII to Michigan St.

But we did receive Alondes Williams via the three team deal.

But we did receive Alondes Williams via the three team deal.

I thought he was a straight swap for the linebacker who decommitted from Wake, went to Oklahoma and recently entered the portal.

Back