• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

Said he was happy for WF and still talks to some guys on WF team.

Clawson said on his radio show that he doesn't know the exact reason why KW3 left.

He didn't want him to leave.

Clawson said on his radio show that he doesn't know the exact reason why KW3 left.

He didn't want him to leave.

Just like he doesnt know who will play Saturday... 😁

My guess is they talked more than once. And if Dave missed it, play the tape of the early season game where the announcers and reporter talked about him nonstop. Mom said it was playing time and that was it...nothing more, not teammates, school, grades, etc...

Just like he doesnt know who will play Saturday...

My guess is they talked more than once. And if Dave missed it, play the tape of the early season game where the announcers and reporter talked about him nonstop. Mom said it was playing time and that was it...nothing more, not teammates, school, grades, etc...

I’m sure his mom would tell us the truth.

I’m sure his mom would tell us the truth.

In fairness, that checks out. In basically any program in the country, he'd be getting 20+ carriers a game. He played 19 games at Wake and had 20+ carries 3 times. Aside from Youngstown State, he's had 19 or more carriers every game (and he had 19 only once, everything else above 20).

Can't imagine how frustrating it had to be to be stuck behind CBS on the depth chart.

CBS has been critical in several pass pro plays this season. Don't think Hartman is nearly as prolific if he doesn't get the time, pocket, or have the confidence he's afforded with CBS in the backfield. How much is the trade-off in the run game worth in aerial yardage with this as a factor? Results would seem indicate it's a net neutral outcome.

And its not like CBS sucks, he's a pretty good back. But KW3 might be the best in the country.

As others have pointed out, Wake only averages 16 fewer rushing yards than MSU.

I’ve laughed off the pass blocking explanation for why CBS started, but seeing the RPO work at its peak the last two weeks, the RB has to be able to run, block, or get out into the flat based on his read and Hartman’s decisions. Chemistry and the ability to do all three is key.

As others have pointed out, Wake only averages 16 fewer rushing yards than MSU.

I’ve laughed off the pass blocking explanation for why CBS started, but seeing the RPO work at its peak the last two weeks, the RB has to be able to run, block, or get out into the flat based on his read and Hartman’s decisions. Chemistry and the ability to do all three is key.

Yes but MSU is so much more explosive on the ground, which helps the pass game, etc. etc.

Believe it or not, Wake and Michigan State both have 30+ yard 5 rushing plays. Michigan State has more 10-19 yard plays (35 to 24) and 20-29 yard plays (11 to 5), but they're not leading the nation.

Ph… come on man. KW3 is elite. He’s capable of breaking one off from anywhere on the field.

it's truly amazing that we don't have to wonder how many more games we would have won (at least until now) with KWIII

KWII averages 6.82 yards per carry

Deacs average 4.58

obviously lots of other factors here, namely OL, but stop trying to use volume stats to make an argument

pace of play is the huge factor in making the per game totals close

Ph… come on man. KW3 is elite. He’s capable of breaking one off from anywhere on the field.

I'm not saying he isn't elite. In fact, he's top 10 at every distance. But guess what? He's not the only RB at MSU and Wake has multiple RBs too. I'm just showing the team stats.

WF is apparently the only FBS program that can lose the best player in college football, and contend for CFP championship. The Deacs don't rebuild; we reload. Sick amount of talent in W-S.

Fuck KW and all of you assholes who criticize Clawson over the transfer. JHC! We are 8-0 and ranked in the top 10 for the first time and you continue to beat this dead horse. Let it go and delete the thread. We have 5 quality RBs. Give them some love.

Back