• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenneth Walker III Appreciation Thread

Looking forward to all the WF shououts when Sam and Kenneth are at the Hesiman ceremony.

I think Greene and AT start on the outside. I wouldn't be surprised to see Roberson test the NFL waters.

Keyshawn Williams looks ready to step in and be the next GREAT slot receiver for Wake.

Would love Morin to learn how to play slot and have him float between outside and inside. Banks and other guys should continue to get snaps and then take over when AT and Greene move on.

You're in luck. Morin started at slot behind Roberson and moved outside to WR to get PT last year after Stewart was injured. Ready and able to play both.

Tony K is the latest fucking person anyone should listen to for college football takes.

Tony K on PTI said if you’re wake, how do you let that guy go?!

"...and still end up defeated" was the rest of the quote or something like that.

There's nobody national that anybody should listen to about Wake football. I was already sure nobody out there knew anything, but they didn't need to know. Now that they do, it's clear they don't bother.

"...and still end up defeated" was the rest of the quote or something like that.

There's nobody national that anybody should listen to about Wake football. I was already sure nobody out there knew anything, but they didn't need to know. Now that they do, it's clear they don't bother.

Yeah, it's funny every time you hear that, you never hear anybody follow it up with mentioning Wake is undefeated and ranked. The story should be that Wake Forest must have some really good talent to lose a player like KWIII and still be having such a great season. BTW, you don't "let" someone go, he could go and ultimately there's nothing you can do about it. I guess Clawson could've said we'd retool our offense to satisfy him, but I think our results offensively speak for themselves to show that would've been a bad idea. Just because a player leaves doesn't mean the program they're leaving did anything wrong. When you've got a roster of over 100 hundred 18-23 year olds, what are the odds you can keep them all happy? Slim and none and Slim probably just left town.

Tony K on PTI said if you’re wake, how do you let that guy go?!

In addition to the competition and the uniqueness Walker felt he could bring, Michigan State felt like a place where Walker could display his talents for the next level as well as the offense fit more of an NFL style in his opinion than Wake Forest did.

“It’s more like a pro-style,” Walker said. “We were able to watch film on the league (NFL) and like everything we do now I can see ... they've done exactly the same so that's pretty interesting to me.”

https://statenews.com/article/2021/04/kenneth-walker-feature

Pretty cliche, but this is the only time I have seen KWIII explain his decision.

Yeah, it's funny every time you hear that, you never hear anybody follow it up with mentioning Wake is undefeated and ranked. The story should be that Wake Forest must have some really good talent to lose a player like KWIII and still be having such a great season. BTW, you don't "let" someone go, he could go and ultimately there's nothing you can do about it. I guess Clawson could've said we'd retool our offense to satisfy him, but I think our results offensively speak for themselves to show that would've been a bad idea. Just because a player leaves doesn't mean the program they're leaving did anything wrong. When you've got a roster of over 100 hundred 18-23 year olds, what are the odds you can keep them all happy? Slim and none and Slim probably just left town.

The other story is that Wake was only one of three schools to offer Kenneth Walker and the only P5 program. The Wake staff knows how to identify talent and make it better.

Good question. :dumb:

Its definitely the best style of football for him to reach his potential.. So it makes complete sense and since we run an RPO with a RB rotation, and pass a vast majority of the time, it makes all the sense for him to want to be the #1 back getting 50% of the offensive touches in the Big 10s boring ass NFL style offense... and we clearly are doing just fine without him, especially since CBS is a tremendous blocker and we have speed in the other guys. Would have been nice to been able to 'trade' him for an elite Safety.:p

What Liveanddie said. Don't believe we let KWIII go. He left. Free agency- you want to leave you can. I am sure we tried to get him to stay but he exercised his freedom. The old NCAA player bondage is gone and it ain't coming back. Managing the transfer portal for filling holes and recruiting your existing players is the new reality. Every D1 program has someone working the roster for these changes much like a MLB GM.

The other story is that Wake was only one of three schools to offer Kenneth Walker and the only P5 program. The Wake staff knows how to identify talent and make it better.

Exact same scenario for Hartman I believe. Wasn’t there a story a few seasons ago that Wake had outsourced a special analyst and program specifically for finding the most underrated recruits?

Exact same scenario for Hartman I believe. Wasn’t there a story a few seasons ago that Wake had outsourced a special analyst and program specifically for finding the most underrated recruits?

shhhhh - we don't speak of these things......

Yeah. The program was developed by some Northwestern alums. That was about 3-5 years ago, so perhaps we are reaping the rewards.

I also remember that Wake uses a football simulator that was basically a programmable advanced version of EA NCAA Football that helps QBs make reads. That may have been under Grobe.

shhhhh - we don't speak of these things......

lol I remember it being talked about like some moneyball shit for football recruiting, probably just BS, but the results are certainly there.

Here is the article I remember. I wouldn’t call it “moneyball shit.” More like good data to organize recruiting efforts.

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2017/07/07/sports/205075/

The fundamentals of something like this aren’t that difficult. With enough data like stats, awards, recruiting rankings, hometowns, it wouldn’t be that hard to identify productive players who were underrecruited and project who fits those profiles in every class.

So far the 2018 and 2019 classes have Heisman candidates, so Zcruit is 2-0. Ahmani Marshall from the 2020 class?

Anyway, Zcruit has blown up. They had 3 programs in July 2017 and have 95 now.

Walker was pretty nice to WF on the CFP ESPN show. Apparently, he still talks to a few of our players.

Back