• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kenni Burns

What did I backpedal from Pilch?

And finish your response. Did the rest of those staffs have no BCS experience?

OK, Chad Morris was hired at Tulsa in 2010, a non-BCS program, and the coach was Todd Graham who came to Tulsa after getting a head job at Rice. So, there was no BCS coaching experience on that non-BCS staff, and BTW, that was a kick-ass non-BCS staff at Tulsa (10-3 in 2010). Mulzahn was hired by Houston Nutt, who prior to the Arkansas job had been the head coach at non-BCS Boise State and Murray State. Your BCS coaching experience argument is going nowhere.

BTW, the staff needing "BCS" experience claim falls apart in light of the fact that Clawson coached at Tennessee (a BCS school), the OC Warren Ruggiero coached at Kansas State (a BCS school). If additional BCS coaching experience on the WF staff would make you happier on the staff, Steed Lobtzke, might be available, or Clawson could go trolling for fired position assistants at 1-11 Purdue, 1-11 California or 2-10 Temple (a member of the "BCS" American Athletic conference).

Last edited:
Pilch, Tulsa doesn't relate to the conversation. It's not a BCS program, so BCS experience wouldn't matter.

Who else was on Nutt's staff? Did it lack BCS experience?

I'm aware of the BCS experience currently on the staff. I'd be more comfortable if there was more.

Just back down. You overreached on your lecture.

Yes, sir. I will back down. Understand that your legs might be tired from all the backpedaling.

So Claws is keeping all 3 of his coordinators then? I was wondering if the Special Teams guy would be offered the BGSU job. That's good news then.

there are 233 threads that have the tag "ph is wrong again"

there are 233 threads that have the tag "ph is wrong again"

I probably only posted in half of them. The taggers like to get out in front.

Speaking of lectures Ph, are you done lecturing people about what a bad hire Clawson would be because of his winning percentage?

I think his record wasn't as good as Lembo's. 1/2 < 2/3. That's math.

There are a lot of other things to like about Clawson that suggest he'll be a great fit for the job. Hopefully the losing seasons in his career represent lessons already learned that he won't have to learn at Wake. We need a coach who can hit the ground running much like Grobe did, but sustain that momentum with his own players.

I feel good about Clawson's ability to do that.

Pilch, Tulsa doesn't relate to the conversation. It's not a BCS program, so BCS experience wouldn't matter.

Who else was on Nutt's staff? Did it lack BCS experience?

I'm aware of the BCS experience currently on the staff. I'd be more comfortable if there was more.

Just back down. You overreached on your lecture.

699675822.gif

I love a good cat fight to brighten my day. But remember, as my investment advisor Bernie Madoff once told me. "Past performance is not an indication of future results". The CLAW will find the right guys for Wake, whether they are 21 or 61.

I think his record wasn't as good as Lembo's. 1/2 < 2/3. That's math.

There are a lot of other things to like about Clawson that suggest he'll be a great fit for the job. Hopefully the losing seasons in his career represent lessons already learned that he won't have to learn at Wake. We need a coach who can hit the ground running much like Grobe did, but sustain that momentum with his own players.

I feel good about Clawson's ability to do that.

There is always context involved. The same reason that the USF's sociology department isn't ranked as high as Princeton's or Berkeley's sociology department.

There are a lot of other things to like about Clawson that suggest he'll be a great fit for the job.

You basically called him a bad candidate before waiting to see if there were other things to like. Great math lecture though!

Why are you so eager to go to battle over this? We're all happy about Coach Clawson and excited for the future.

Last edited:
Why are you so eager to go to battle over this? We're all happy about Coach Clawson and excited for the future.

Did you call him a bad candidate when he was first listed as a possible? Just curious?

Back