• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Keys to Victory: APP STATE

What a frustrating season 2003 was. We curb stomp Clemson at home to get to 5 - 4 and then proceeded to lose out including this UConn game and losing to a 2 and 10 team. We finally brought a good effort in our season closing game against Maryland but they were just too good for us

What a frustrating season 2003 was. We curb stomp Clemson at home to get to 5 - 4 and then proceeded to lose out including this UConn game and losing to a 2 and 10 team. We finally brought a good effort in our season closing game against Maryland but they were just too good for us

It was. That Clemson game was one of the best home performances ever. We beat up Clemson about like we beat up Presby, it was something like 35-0 or 35-7 at half I think. Clemson wasn't near what they are now, but they still had a lot of talent and of course there was still a lot of Orange in the stands, well at least when the game started that is. Not too much after about 3 quarters.:thumbsup:

The in depth debate whether Wake can lose to an alleged lesser team is kind of funny. LOWF can always lose to a supposedly lighter foe. Btw, they do it at those Triangle schools from time to time too. Just because we win one ACC game we don't need to get cocky against anyone: USU or ASU or Syracuse.

If Lurker has it figured out then how does Wake maximize its opportunity against USU? Do we play Hinton any?

I wonder when the last time Wake lost a game as a double digit favorite in football. We aren't double digit favorites very frequently and I don't remember losing any games over the past few seasons as heavy favorites. Army at -6.5 from last year is about the only game I remember.

Since 1997, Wake is 23-2 in games as a double-digit favorite.

The last loss was 2008 at home against Navy (-17 and lost 24-17) and the only other loss was 1998 against Virginia (-12 and lost 38-17). We are, however, only 6-19 ATS in those games. 22 of the 25 games were at home with the three road games being Baylor in 2008, Duke in 2005, and ECU in 2004.

Since 1997, Wake is 23-2 in games as a double-digit favorite.

The last loss was 2008 at home against Navy (-17 and lost 24-17) and the only other loss was 1998 against Virginia (-12 and lost 38-17). We are, however, only 6-19 ATS in those games. 22 of the 25 games were at home with the three road games being Baylor in 2008, Duke in 2005, and ECU in 2004.

Wake Forest: playing down to the competition since 1834.

1. The fanbase can talk/discuss/opine on whatever it wants to because nothing said on here impacts the game.
2. As with any fanbase, most tend to only remember the really good and the really bad. Of course there are games (as Numbers pointed out) that Wake lost as a big underdog (twice in 25 years seems good though), and we have probably won a higher percentage as a double-digit dog than we have lost as a double-digit favorite.
3. The average winning percentage when a 13.5 point favorite in college football is 83.5%, so that means in general, Wake has a 1/6 chance to lose this game.

Utah State: Keys to Victory

That was the Kollapse at Kenan. I think we were favored big there too. 5-4 coming off a big home win vs Clemson and we strutted into Kenan and lost to a 1-8 UNC team.

Edit: I guess it took me a long time to write out that post.

Last edited:
Wake is 3-27 in our last 30 games as a double digit underdogs. Sadly, the 30 games date back only to 2010 (whereas the 25 games we've been favored by double digits date back to 1997). The three wins were 6-3 over VPI in 2014, 28-27 over UNC in 2012, and 35-30 over FSU in 2011. We are, however, 18-12 ATS in those games.

That was the Kollapse at Kenan. I think we were favored big there too. 5-4 coming off a big home win vs Clemson and we strutted into Kenan and lost to a 1-8 UNC team.

Edit: I guess it took me a long time to write out that post.

Looks like Wake was -9 at UNC in that game in 2003.

Wake is 3-27 in our last 30 games as a double digit underdogs. Sadly, the 30 games date back only to 2010 (whereas the 25 games we've been favored by double digits date back to 1997). The three wins were 6-3 over VPI in 2014, 28-27 over UNC in 2012, and 35-30 over FSU in 2011. We are, however, 18-12 ATS in those games.

:eek:

Wake is currently #1 in the nation in turnover margin at +4 per game. Pretty neat. Last year we were 13th at +0.8.

A bettor would be very happy if he limited his handicapping analysis to just taking WF as a double digit dog (or a dog of any amount), and going against WF as double digit favorite.

Would expect the USU to drop during the week.

A bettor would be very happy if he limited his handicapping analysis to just taking WF as a double digit dog (or a dog of any amount), and going against WF as double digit favorite.

Would expect the USU to drop during the week.

It's pretty interesting because it started at 13.5, but went up to -15 already. Sagarin and FSH like Wake by a lot as well. Sagarin has the Deacs by 20.

Look for Cam to have a huge game. Won't need him as much in QB protection. Break out game for Carney.

It was. That Clemson game was one of the best home performances ever. We beat up Clemson about like we beat up Presby, it was something like 35-0 or 35-7 at half I think. Clemson wasn't near what they are now, but they still had a lot of talent and of course there was still a lot of Orange in the stands, well at least when the game started that is. Not too much after about 3 quarters.:thumbsup:

I assume a Clemson coach was fired at year's end? Bowden?

The Idaho State team that USU beat trailed a Div II team that is 0-2 on the season 6-3 at the half and only outgained them by about 100 yards.

Back